AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with multi-level terminal blocks - Internally-jumpered terminal connects to its own terminal strip?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tcoppens84SWP
740 Views, 2 Replies

Help with multi-level terminal blocks - Internally-jumpered terminal connects to its own terminal strip?

I want to use two 2-tiered, internally-commoned terminal blocks (AB 1492-JD3C) to connect two separate devices in parallel to a power source. The first terminal block will split the AC power line into two parallel branches, and the second terminal block will rejoin the two lines to one neutral.

TERMINAL_LI (2).jpg

I'm running into the issue that both terminals appear to be connected to the device "XF" which is the name of the terminal strip they're on. The main AC power line is labeled "010213B" and comes directly from the circuit breaker "CB010213." Only the upper-left-side pin on the second terminal block should connect to the transformer "XF010213.

How do I fix this, and what am I doing wrong here? Does it have to do with the wire connection points?

Labels (1)
  • TSE
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
testsubject
in reply to: tcoppens84SWP

The problem is coming up because you are showing them wired together.

testsubject_0-1646683676714.png

What you need to do is show them connected but use a special layer that will not be reported: the JUMPER layer. If you put a wire on a JUMPER layer, it will not appear in the Terminal Strip Editor.

I use W-JUMPER_INTERNAL for this. (It is the Magenta wire)

testsubject_1-1646683816329.png

Then remove the jumper from the TSE. I personally never use them because I like to show all current paths.

The jumper in the TSE is helpful if you are just going to show the terminal "floating" in space but want the wire number to come from there, like a busbar.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 3
tcoppens84SWP
in reply to: testsubject

Thanks for your response! I went into the "Add/edit wire types" command and added a layer named "JUMPER", used it to connect the two terminals vertically, and it worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report