AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating report for wiring diagram to/from report and highlighting wires

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
1522 Views, 14 Replies

Generating report for wiring diagram to/from report and highlighting wires

How to create To/From report in wiring diagram in Auto cad electrical 2014? How to highlight wires in circuit by selecting a particular row in wire list repot?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Ketaki!

The from/to report can be created with the Schematic Report button, located om the Reports tab in the ribbon. There is now way to find and highlight the wires inside the report generator.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thank you for your answer.

I have one more question. Can we set default font size and style for wire number in circuit, so that we need not to update it every time for new wires?

Message 4 of 15
rhesusminus

As a general rule, it's a good idea to ask new questions in a new thread.

The wire numbers are actually blocks/symbols, so you can edit those symbols with the text height you want, and run the Block Swap/Update tool to update the wire numbers that are already inserted.

The blocks you are looking for are named WD_WN*.dwg and are located in your symbol libraries.

Right click on the project i project manager, and select properties. Then, expand the Schematic Libraries in the tree view to see where you symbols are located.

Using the properties palette, you can change the height of the text to whatever you like.

2016-09-21_13-35-11.png

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

Thank you, your answer was really helpfc

Can you please help with below queries also,

1. While creating a component we are assigning pin name to the same, for each pin we are able to give name with 10 characters only. Is there any way to       give name having more that 10 characters.

2. Can we assign more that one wires with different wire number to same terminal, we were trying that but its taking same number to both wires in            Autocad electrical 2014?

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

Thank you, your answer was really helpfc

Can you please help with below queries also,

1. While creating a component we are assigning pin name to the same, for each pin we are able to give name with 10 characters only. Is there any way to       give name having more that 10 characters.

2. Can we assign more that one wires with different wire number to same terminal, we were trying that but its taking same number to both wires in            Autocad electrical 2014?

Message 7 of 15
rhesusminus

Again. New questions in a new thread.

It keeps it simpler for people searching for the same information later.

That being said:

1. AcadE up to 2016 has this limitation. AcadE 2017 does not have this 10-character limit. If you need more information per pin, have a look at the TERMDESC-attributes

2. Yes, but in the project properties you must enable "On per wire basis":
    2016-09-22_13-13-29.png
    2016-09-22_13-15-07.png

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 8 of 15
ksmithQ2639

It only gives you this option if you're in a project how can you apply this to a single drawing

Message 9 of 15
rhesusminus

This thread had 3 questions. What are you asking for?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 10 of 15
jrumseyRRQ7N

We are trying to apply per wire basis to a single drawing (not in a project).  I cannot see where this option is available.  Right now when we draw two wires coming off a terminal block, it gives both wires the same number and we need them as individual numbers.

FYI...I work with ksmith and we are both trying to figure this out.

John

Message 11 of 15
ksmithQ2639

I HAVE TWO WIRES COMING OFF ONE TERMINAL. WHEN NUMBERING THE WIRES BOTH READ AS THE SAME WIRE NUMBER. IF IN A PROJECT I COULD USE THE PER WIRE BASIS OPTION BUT THIS IS A SINGLE DRAWING SO IT DOES NOT GIVE ME THE PWB OPTION

Message 12 of 15
rhesusminus

Well, the "per wire basis" is only for the entire project.

When you write terminal, do you mean an actual terminal, or the connection point at a component (often referred to as a terminal)?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 13 of 15
jrumseyRRQ7N

See below

jrumseyRRQ7N_0-1661799634083.png

We have two wires coming off of 'terminal block' 31 going to other components in the circuit.  Right now AE is naming both wires coming off of this block as '5033'.  I need these wires to be unique numbers.  You can see the same issue is happening with terminal 32 (5050) and terminal 33 (5052).  This is the only electrical drawing needed for what i am building and I was hoping that I didnt have to create a project just to get the per basis option.  We have a lot of products that are single drawings.

John 

Message 14 of 15
rhesusminus

Then, make sure you are using terminals with wire number change, and draw it like this:

20220830 124738 thlct.png

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 15 of 15
jrumseyRRQ7N

We are using an HT1004 block so it should be terminal with wire change.  The odd thing is that on my machine we do get wire numbers on a per wire basis (when I run wire number command on my machine I get a wire number per wire) but on KSmiths machine we do not.  We are both running latest version of AE.  Any idea why they would act different?

Also I am trying to keep this as one drawing if possible and if we draw it with the wire coming from the bottom of the terminal (as you have shown) then I will definitely have to grow to another drawing.

john

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report