Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOOTPRINT BoM

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
la_mubeenkaleem
377 Views, 6 Replies

FOOTPRINT BoM

I am creating my panel footprint BoM but even the footprints I have deleted are showing in the BoM, How can I fix it?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @la_mubeenkaleem 

Please run AEREBUILDDB to refresh the database and try to run the BOM and check. 

Regards,
Jaya Priya Ramasamy
Senior QA Analyst
www.autodesk.com

Message 3 of 7

Hi Jaya! A few years ago we had a similar issue with exporting to a spreadsheet. The data was not up to date/time. I requested a fix. Autodesk added code to force a database rebuild prior to exporting to a spreadsheet. I think it’s time to add the same code sequence for creating a BOM.

I remind my students to run AEREBUILDDB before creating any report, but they shouldn’t need to. And ever since the Ribbon menu was introduced, Autodesk removed the AERBEUILDDB icon from the menu. I show my students how to add it back, but not everyone takes my training course. I requested that the AEREBUILDDB icon be added to the ribbon years ago. I posted it to the Idea Station. I even showed where to place the icon.

Doug McAlexander
Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor
Specializing in AutoCAD Electrical Implementation Support
Phone: (770) 841-8009
www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 7

Hi @dougmcalexander 

Thank you for pointing it out. Let me check and discuss with my team.

Regards,
Jaya Priya Ramasamy
Senior QA Analyst
www.autodesk.com

Message 5 of 7

Did not work for me
Message 6 of 7

In a worst case scenario, close AutoCAD Electrical and delete the project scratch database file from your User folder. It will be <projectname>.mdb.  Then restart AutoCAD Electrical.

Doug McAlexander
Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor
Specializing in AutoCAD Electrical Implementation Support
Phone: (770) 841-8009
www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

Hi @la_mubeenkaleem , 

Is it possible to share the dataset to us for trying?

You can send to my email address: jaya.priya.ramasamy@autodesk.com

Regards,
Jaya Priya Ramasamy
Senior QA Analyst
www.autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report