AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electromechanical Project,XXX_Logical.snapshot file not created

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
lihouxin065
1264 Views, 26 Replies

Electromechanical Project,XXX_Logical.snapshot file not created

I had create an electromechanical project starting in AutoCAD Electrical Toolset,with the XXX.emx file created successfully,but XXX_Logical.snapshot file not created, and there's nothing in Location View Tab (Project Manager Dialog Box).

Then,I tried another project,both files were created successfully,then I deleted the two files,and tried again,this time ,only the XXX.emx file created successfully,XXX_Logical.snapshot file not created.

Could someone help me to figout the problem?

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
lihouxin065
in reply to: lihouxin065

lihouxin065_0-1676100685587.png

Message 3 of 27
lihouxin065

Tried on AutoCAD Electrical 2023
Message 4 of 27
lihouxin065

could someone help me with this
Message 5 of 27
rhesusminus

"Nobody" use the electromechanical link, so that's why it's challenging to get some help.

Your best bet here in the forums is hoping that @galashkina sees this.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 27
galashkina
in reply to: rhesusminus

I saw it. 😊

It is a pity that there are few users of the electromechanical project. I really like this tool.

The problem is only with the terminals - it is necessary to assign an output number to each connection point and associate these numbers with the connection points of the 3D model.

Message 7 of 27
galashkina

If the components are inserted into the project drawings, this is displayed on the Location View tab.
There is no need to create an electromechanical project to display the place components.
An electromechanical project is created to transfer AutoCAD Electrical components to Inventory and back.

IECDemo project example

galashkina_0-1676990581656.png

Message 8 of 27
galashkina

In the list of components, you can select the desired component and go to it.

galashkina_0-1676990965945.png

galashkina_2-1676991020180.png

Message 9 of 27
lihouxin065
in reply to: galashkina

It looks like the ACADE project itself has some problems,even if the electromechanical connection is not established,component are also not displayed on Location View tab in Project Manager:Component are not displayed on Location View tab in Project Manager of ACADE 2023 

Message 10 of 27
rhesusminus

Are you able to share the project, so I can have a look at it here?

Send me a link in a PM if you can, and I'll have a look into that.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 11 of 27
lihouxin065

Thank you very much, I will upload the project data

Message 12 of 27
rhesusminus

So, it works as expected here:

Screenshot_20230223_025927.png

Have you made a lot of customizations to your AcadE? (Icon menus, database etc.)

If not, I'd try to reset AcadE to defaults, by following this procedure:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-r....

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 13 of 27
lihouxin065

yes,I made customizations to my AcadE, I'll restore the default settings and see what it looks like.
Thank you.
Message 14 of 27
lihouxin065

but how custom settings affect the functionality of the Location View tab?After all, it is usually necessary to customize some settings
Message 15 of 27
rhesusminus

It's more about making a backup of all your customizations.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 16 of 27
lihouxin065

Thank you,after reset AcadE to defaults,the Component tree on Location View tab comes back!It looks like I just need to master how to quickly reset the contents of the previous custom settings, which is to add some paths, rename some folders and files.
Message 17 of 27
galashkina

I think the information for the Location View tab is copied from the project database.
By default, the project database is saved in the User subdirectory.
System administrators like to close this folder for writing.
Please check if the changes are saved in the project database?

Message 18 of 27
lihouxin065
in reply to: galashkina

Thank you for your reply,The project database is writable, I tried many times, as long as I set a custom search path (.env, Icon menus, catalogs, database) and a custom support file path, the component tree on Location View tab will not be displayed or will not be updated.I don't know exactly which setting is causing the problem.
Message 19 of 27
lihouxin065

lihouxin065_1-1677241402593.png

Message 20 of 27
rhesusminus

This is just one of many reasons to why I stopped using AcadE. Just too much crap not working, all of the time.

I hope you figure this out so you can report back here.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report