AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edit PLC octal addressing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ekoenigHRN5N
147 Views, 7 Replies

edit PLC octal addressing

When I insert a 16 point PLC module and at prompt select Octal, all 16 points are addressed correctly. When editing the module by changing the first address, the first 8 addresses change but the second 8 do not. A pop-up appears saying not all address values were resequenced, check and edit manually. Is there a way to get the entire module to update?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
galashkina
in reply to: ekoenigHRN5N

1. You can export the data to Excel format.galashkina_2-1707933213345.png

2. Open the saved Excel file and make the necessary changes.

3. Then import the modified data into the project.

galashkina_3-1707933213348.png

Message 3 of 8
ekoenigHRN5N
in reply to: galashkina

I posed the wrong question. My intent is to see if this is a flaw within AutoCAD Electrical. Our company created a symbol for an Ethernet IO block that uses octal addressing and shows in the PLC software as POINT.PORT, with 2 points per port. When modifying the addresses, I saw this issue. I then tried with an out-of-the-box PLC module and saw the same thing. After more testing, it seems to be an issue with the numbering format. It readdresses OK if there are 2 digits after the decimal point.  

Message 4 of 8
galashkina

I tested the procedure for changing PLC addresses.
If the PLC module is fully inserted, the addresses are changed without errors.
If the PLC module is torn into several parts, then each part needs to be changed.
Obviously, there are nuances.

I am a regular user, I do not belong to the support service.

Message 5 of 8
rhesusminus

Do you have a part number for this Ethernet IO block?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 8
ekoenigHRN5N
in reply to: rhesusminus

The block is an IFM AL1122. Custom symbol attached. The addressing goes 0.0, 1.0, 0.1, 1.1, 0.2, 1.2, .... Our symbol has the terminals rearranged to show up in the correct order. I also tried with an AB 1769-OB16. Readdressing does the first 8 points, but doesn't seem to know how to handle the decimal point. 

When I change the addressing to 0.00, 1.00, 0.01, 1.01, ..., readdressing works for all 16 points.

Message 7 of 8
rhesusminus

This just seems like just another bug.
If you try decimal on a 16 output module, you get the same problem.

If you do hexadecimal on a 32 output module, you get the same.

So, the only workaround seems to be like @galashkina suggested with Excel export/import.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 8 of 8
ekoenigHRN5N
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. I had not looked at other than octal addressing. I just do the modifications in the Edit PLC Module dialog box, seems quicker than the exporting method. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost