AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Component fails to open on Parent Symbols

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Designer5446
244 Views, 2 Replies

Edit Component fails to open on Parent Symbols

I'm having a problem editing Parent components in project drawings.  Whether the files are checked out of Vault Pro or not; whether I'm logged into Vault Pro or not logged in; whether the drawing is in the active project or not; whether the Project and drawings are in Vault at all - When I invoke Edit Component on a Parent Symbol, I get the following message:

"[All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object] <real time>: _PREV
Extracting item numbers in use . . .; error: quit / exit abort"

When editing Child components - no problem.  The Edit Component dialog box comes up as expected.

Background:

-Using AutoCAD Electrical 2019, Vault Professional 2019

- The Project file and all Project drawings are checked-out and in the working folder.  All files are marked read/write.

- The Project .wdp references the correct ENV file.  All file paths in the ENV point to the correct working folders.

- All Support file search paths correspond to the paths in the ENV file.

- Parent symbols contain the required attributes for AutoCAD Electrical.  Symbols that I've created months and years ago didn't have this problem, until recently.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

Tim T.
P & C Designer
Ampirical Solutions, LLC
Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jseefdrumr
in reply to: Designer5446

Weird, specifically wonky things like this are usually fixed by resetting to defaults. This is found under the Start Menu in Windows 10. If that doesn't work, perform a Repair of your software. This is done by going through the motions as if you want to uninstall; somewhere along the way you'll see the option to try a Repair.

If neither of those work, post back.

Be sure to back up any customizations you're using first.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 3 of 3

Try the following steps:

1. Windows 10 full updates
  2. restart windows
  3. Try on demo project drawings.
  4. reset acade 
  5. last option, clean install acade
Ramesh Kambang
Aerospace System/Design Engineer and eVTOL/EWIS Expert
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost