AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Level Terminal Block not lining up to fit.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
691 Views, 2 Replies

Double Level Terminal Block not lining up to fit.

I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2020 on windows 10 64 bit OS. I have double level terminal blocks that I need help with making them fit on the panel layout. They are not a traditional rectangle shape and because of that it adds a unnecessary spacing that makes the panel dimensions inaccurate. The top of the block has the correct base point but I need the top of the following blocks to over lap slightly to fit together( I have also previously tried to remove the parts of the terminal block that would be over lapped to see if that would work but it did not). As of now the top of the next block fits to the bottom of the first block which is inaccurate for the Phoenix Contact Double Level Terminal block, Part# 3044636.

I have an upcoming project that has hundreds of double level terminal blocks and I do not have time in the job to manually move each block. I posted this because I could not find anything to do with my specific issue.

I have included two PNG files. One how it currently sits (terminal blocks not lining up to fit)  and the other how we have manually put the terminal blocks in with out any linkage or smart block utilization(Non smart blocks old way) . Also I have included my dwg file for this issue. 

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jseefdrumr
in reply to: Anonymous

If I recall correctly, there is no way around this. When ACADE inserts the footprint blocks for the terminals through the Terminal Strip Editor, it decides where to insert the next block based on the physical graphical extents of the previous block. So, for 'offset' terminal blocks that aren't exactly rectangular, this results in unwanted spaces between each one. As far as I know, this behavior is part of the compiled command code and can't be changed.

I remember seeing a similar post about 3 or 4 years ago, and I don't think a solution was presented then either.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jseefdrumr

Thank you I appreciate your input. I took this information to my supervisor and we are just going to move the middle piece down so it is flush Therefore it will just be a rectangle shape.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report