AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a wire number that it is independent from the Bus.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
628 Views, 6 Replies

Creating a wire number that it is independent from the Bus.

Hello everyone,

I am making a ladder diagram, and I am trying to separate the wire number of the Bus(L1) from the wire that goes into the component. The software thinks of it as a single wire given that they are connected to the same bus, but physically(the real world) these wires will have different wire numbers, since the L1 that powers one component  will be a different wire from the L1 wire that goes to another component, even if they all meet to the same power distribution block upstream.

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

OK, the normal standard is that all wires that connect to each other, get treated as the same wire.

The alternative standard is to have each individual wire have a separate number.

To get the second standard, go to your Project Settings.

On the Wire Numbers tab, under Wire Number Options, there is a checkbox for 'On per wire basis'. Select that and ACADE will do what you want it to do in regards to the wire numbers.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks for the Reply,

That solution did not work, maybe I need to click something else as well, I attached two pictures, one showing the setting that I enabled to make sure I did what you said, and the other one so that you can see what happened. 

Thanks again

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

I figured it out, after clicking "per wire basis", one must insert TB's where the nodes are in the ladder

Message 5 of 7
pmccutcheon

An old and dirty trick is to connect with a line not on a wire layer, say layer 0. The auto-numberer doesn't see this as a connection, so the bus and drop get distinct numbers. Downside is stuff like Scoot doesn't work well, as it is not a wire.

{Another place where you need distinct numbers is when you bond a transformer secondary. The GND wire has on number (GND) and the neutral something else}

Message 6 of 7
pmccutcheon

newer versions of autocad support wire layers that aren't numbered. This might work better than the 
"layer 0" trick. 

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hi There.

You can achieve this without the use of extra terminals.

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report