AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Construct a panel drawing from scratch

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3907 Views, 6 Replies

Construct a panel drawing from scratch

Hi

I’ve completed a schematic drawing in ACE 2018, but when I try and draw an associated panel drawing I can’t seem to get access to the panel icons to allow me to construct it.

Can anyone shed some light on to where I am going wrong?

Cheers
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TRLitsey
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

A little more info as to you working environment would be helpful but for a shot in the dark, are you in the Panel tab and does you Project Setting point to a foot print library? 

Good luck

Panel tab

Screenshot - 10_25_2017 , 7_40_42 AM.png

Support files

Screenshot - 10_25_2017 , 7_42_08 AM.png

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
Message 3 of 7
jseefdrumr
in reply to: TRLitsey

See my reply in your first post, it should get you together.

Jim

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TRLitsey

Hi

Thanks for the advice and sorry for my delayed response, but I'm a novice and I'm not working on this all the time. However, this is what appears on my screen when I try to draw my panel drawing in the panel tab. I can't seem to access the panel icon list, just the schematic icon list.

Is this to do with my set up?

Do you need me to provide anymore infromation?

Cheers Dave

Message 5 of 7
dougmcalexander

So when you click on the Panel tab it doesn't look like what TRLitsey posted?  At the far left is the panel icon menu.  Click and you should see a menu popup similar to the one for schematic component symbols.  However, if you have already created a schematic, you should take advantage of the drop-down option entitled Schematic List, below the Panel Icon Menu button. I will attached a couple of screen captures to illustrate where this workflow happens.

Note that panel layout from the schematic list relies upon the MFG and CAT assignments, so be sure you have assigned part numbers to your schematic symbols.  The exception is terminal strips.  You can assign the part number for the terminal blocks in a terminal strip using the Terminal Strip Editor.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 6 of 7
dougmcalexander

If you are not seeing the Insert Panel Footprints panel at all, follow the instructions in the attached screen capture to make sure that the panel did not somehow get disabled.  The first 4 panels should be checked by default after you install the software.  The Conduit Tools is an option that is not checked by default.  And the Drawing Navigation option will not be in your list.  That is a panel I created for my ribbon so that I have Previous Drawing, Next Drawing, and Surfer buttons available on every menu tab.  So you only need to be sure the top 4 panels are enabled (checked).

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thank you for that. I found out my problem last night which was that I was trying to access the panel information in the schematic lists because I had set up my project incorrectly in the properties tab. Once I had set up my project to look for panel information in the panel lists it seems to work ok, but I'm bound to run into another obstacle before long!!!! Smiley Indifferent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report