AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuit Builder wire numbers placement wrong

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
497 Views, 6 Replies

Circuit Builder wire numbers placement wrong

Hello,

I am using Circuit Builder with a custom template file for horizontal 3PH_H motor. My wire numbers end up in positions as shown:

jackVCF3Z_0-1621526335654.png

Below is the placement of the WN01 markers in the template file. I also attach my template file and cb spreadsheet.

jackVCF3Z_1-1621526445231.png

Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jack.

I'm here also 🙂

There's no row in the excel sheet that references the ace_cb1_3PH_H_CC2.dwg file.

Is this the correct excel-sheet?

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

When using Circuit Builder, my wire numbers don't show up properly (I need them above the wire). They show in random places above/below wire or not at all: 

jackVCF3Z_0-1621951906552.png

Appreciate any help, Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,

Thank you and sorry for not replying. 3-day weekend here in Canada.

I think it is the correct excel file because when I rename it, Acad complains that it can't find it.

I changed both 3PH_H lines in the excel file: Even though I use non-reversing only. Saved and closed it.

jackVCF3Z_0-1621956291918.png

Now what I get is that none of the tags get filled:

jackVCF3Z_1-1621956415152.png

Help... Thanks.

Jack

Message 5 of 7
rhesusminus

I'm still not getting your files to work.

The motor for example, has M001 for the marker:

2021-05-25_22-47-06.png

But, in the excel-sheet there's no repference to that. There the default MTR03 of course...

2021-05-25_22-47-24.png

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hi,

So should those two tags match..? If so, which one should I change - excel file or the template?

I am pretty sure I have never changed the motor tag in either file... At one time, I was getting most tags filled in.

I know I am missing something here but I don't know what it is. 

Message 7 of 7
rhesusminus

Yes, those should match. How else will AutoCAD Electrical know where to put what symbol/circuit?

I suggest that you first set up this up correctly, and then see if this fixes your problems.
All the information you need is available in the product help:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/202...

There's also some videos for this available, like this one: https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/AutoCAD-Electrical-Automation-Techniques-2019

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report