AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuit builder How to insert multiple motors

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
346 Views, 0 Replies

Circuit builder How to insert multiple motors

Hi,

I'm trying to customize the Circuit Builder to create motor control panel schematics.

The schematics must include a custom number of motors, typically between 2 and 16, with various customizable options (fuses/disconnect/circuit breaker, PLC or not, VFD or not, modbus communication or not, etc.)

What I have done for now is to create many templates (ace_cb1_2motors.dwg, ace_cb1_3motors.dwg, ace_cb1_4motors.dwg,..) and when I launch the circuit builder I select the one corresponding to the number of motors that I need in my panel. In each of those templates there are 'marker_block', all with the same code MTR01, that are used to insert the branch circuit of the motor. The excel spreadsheet then uses the 'c:ace_cb_insym' api call to insert the motor branch at the right locations.

Is there a better way to insert multiple occurrences of a same component, without needing 1 template per number of motors? The circuit builder doesn't seem to work well with all the 'marker_block' having the same name.. When I insert my circuit without configuring it, it seems to work fine, but when I configure it to set the motor ratings it doesn't insert any of the motors.

Also, how can I size the feeder cables, the feeder fuses and the feeder disconnect depending on the number of motor branch circuits? Is it possible, with the spreadsheet, to select the feeder components based on the summation of every load in the circuit?

Thanks,

Alex.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report