AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change length of ladder

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Thomasbatson
280 Views, 2 Replies

Change length of ladder

I am wondering if I can modify the program that inserts a ladder.  I have lisp using the API for inserting a ladder for my desired length automatically but I would like to change the out of the box ladder length.  We use 24 rungs and the ladder goes below the 24th rung, but I want it to stop right at the rung.  

I have attached an image showing the length on the left that my API program uses and the length on the right is the standard length. 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Thomasbatson

Hello,

I will dig into what you are wanting but there may be better options. I have not inserted a ladder in years and I use ACADE every day as an admin. I have templates setup for every situation needed with ladders in them already, whether it is for PLCIO, power distribution or loop diagrams. It is effective and prevents errors in ladder placement. All ACADE really care about is the WD_MLRH block and where it is located. I also made a block for the rung numbers so they are not individual text floating around.

Message 3 of 3
Thomasbatson
in reply to: Anonymous

I do have many saved circuits and templates for many things and can do that with ladders, which can be just as quick and easy but it would be nice to have the standard one match.  I would still like to know if there is a way to do it with the standard one.  Thanks for the reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report