AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change/Convert Wire Type Layer Name Order

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jallenDBQ7U
259 Views, 4 Replies

Change/Convert Wire Type Layer Name Order

I suppose there is no solution for this issue but thought I might hope for one.  Every time i bring up this pop-up I get a mumble-jumble order of wires that are in no logical order of any sort.  I suppose this is how they are listed in some database table.  I inherit drawings from prior projects so I have no control over creation of the layers without lots of work.

Is there any way to make it come up by default in layer name alphabetical order or size numerical order or even group by wire color?

jallenDBQ7U_0-1678120629029.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: jallenDBQ7U

You can sort the list by double-clicking the column headers. When pressing OK, the order will be saved.

Does that work for you?

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
jallenDBQ7U
in reply to: rhesusminus

When I double click mine it adjusts the order based on which column I clicked, but it doesn't save it.  The next wire I try to change will have the same problem.  I must once again double-click to sort them. 

Could this be impacted in my Options or Project preferences maybe?

Message 4 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: jallenDBQ7U

Ahh.... I tested with the edit wire types button. Seems to save the order then.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5
jallenDBQ7U
in reply to: rhesusminus

I believe that fixed it.  I would swear that I had done the sort in the EDIT WIRE TYPE menu with bad results too, but I guess not.  I'm glad to get that issue corrected.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta