AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use Multiple Catalog with the terminal block editor?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sstrecker
687 Views, 3 Replies

Can you use Multiple Catalog with the terminal block editor?

I'm replacing a distribution block with WAGO 285 power rated terminal blocks and want to add multiple catalog numbers for the jumpers and step down blocks so I can correctly show part bubbles on the panel layout.  When I insert a terminal symbol, I'm able to assign multiple parts to it.  However, I need need to add some spares in the terminal block editor that are not shown in the schematic itself.  I'm able to assign a part number in the TSE, but can't seem to find anywhere to put in multiple parts like you can on the schematic side.  

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jseefdrumr
in reply to: sstrecker

If I understand you correctly, I see two options:

1. Somewhere in your schematic, off to the side where it's not even in the print area, place the spare terminals you need and take care of adding the multiple catalog items then.

2. Just insert your terminals as usual and exit TSE when done. Then, use the Edit Footprint command on the spare terminal and you'll get the same dialog as you do in the schematics. From there assign your multiple catalog items normally.

Here's a tip/hack if you go with option #2: It would be really annoying if you had to insert 10 spares, and then open each one individually to add in its multiple catalog parts. But, if you just add in the first one, you can get around some of the work. Add just the one, exit TSE, and then add your multiple catalog parts to that one terminal as described in option 1 above. Then, use the Copy Footprint command to copy the 9 other spares. They will inherit the catalog info of the parent. (I wasn't using multiple catalog when I tried this, just FYI.) Rebuild the database using AEREBUILDDB. The next time you open TSE, it will see those terminals and will include them as part of the terminal strip inside the Editor, even though you didn't place them in the schematics (or with TSE).

Hope this helps,

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 3 of 4
sstrecker

I ended up having to insert the footprints and and edit them to add multiple catalog information.  Fortunately, I only needed 3 extra spares.  I also found that I could  assign a part number to the jumper itself in the TSE.  It's six 150A terminals with two being jumpered to each phase.  Each one gets a reducer tap, only needed three got jumpers.

Message 4 of 4
SeedyNotions

You could also use GATTE command to write a value to an attribute across multiple schematic components.

Simply add the attribute you want to change (EX: RATING1)

You will then get a dialog.

In the 'Attribute:' section, type in RATING1

Below you have options, to find and replace. So if there's existing values (or up to 4 different attributes)

Ours are usually empty, so I just need to leave the 'Find:' blank and in the 'Replace:' section add the value you want.

(In the case below I wanted to write the value "1492-H4" to the attribute CAT. Once this is done all of your reports will be accurate for your BOM.

Once you click 'OK' you'll go back to your drawing, (keep in mind which drawing space you're in)

The command prompt will tell you to Select Objects.

You can click components separately, or drag a window across multiple components.

SeedyNotions_0-1677786079402.png

If this helped you out, why not mark it as another solution? 😉

J.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta