AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Report - Normal Tallied Format Inconsistencies

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
340 Views, 2 Replies

BOM Report - Normal Tallied Format Inconsistencies

Hello,

I am trying to find out why when I run a Schematic BOM report as "Normal Tallied Format" in AutoCAD Electrical 2019, I receive sporadic results.

I make extensive use of multiple catalog items, so I always run the default User Post 2 to give my multiple catalog items a quantity. I only want 4 fields on my report: Item, USER1, Qty, and Description. I want to sort by item number in ascending order. Seems pretty straightforward, however, despite all schematic items appearing with appropriate quantities:

1) i cannot sort successfully by item #; it sort-of sorts by item number but I still get sporadic items all over the place.

2) duplicate item numbers all over, but they still tally up to the correct total quantities

I have attached a couple of screenshots showing the report, after performing the User 2 post and sorting all by item number.

I would greatly appreciate help finding out how to get a successful sortation by item number, and a successful elimination of duplicate item numbers with combined quantities. It is very cumbersome always having to manually edit the report or export it our to excel to massage it around!

In case it helps, my item numbering is set up as "per-part number basis."

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ramesh.kambang
in reply to: Anonymous

If you have Multiple catalog assy items are defined, sorting by item item number wont work as acade keeps all assembly items (multiple catalog) in a group under the defined TAG number and there is no option to disperse the assembly items.  Multiple Catalog option is handy for guys who actually assemble the component but for design and procurement. I am not sure how other users use the multiple catalog feature but I never add items to the multiple catalog. Instead I have created a separate assy symbol (just a short line) which allows me to link to the database. For example I have a connector, backshell, contacts and sealing plug. 

1. I place a connector symbol and tag it as 101P
  2. I insert a assy symbol (inline with connector symbol) for backshell and tag is as 101P_BS
  3. I insert another assy symbol for contacts and tag it as 101P_CONTACT#20, and so on....... 
  4. This gives me the sorting order I want and also provides me the total qty of same part number (item number). 
  5. I have hidden the assy symbol TAG as a default but I have set assy symbol color as RED to easily spot where it is placed. 
  6. hope this helps.
Ramesh Kambang
Aerospace System/Design Engineer and eVTOL/EWIS Expert
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question.
Message 3 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Will using the purchase list option make the results better?

2021-01-12_11-48-45.png

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report