AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM CREATION AND DATABASE UPDATE

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
359 Views, 0 Replies

BOM CREATION AND DATABASE UPDATE

Anybody out there having the same problems I am concerning Bill of Material creation and updating? It is often necessary to layout the panel with components to establish the size enclosure needed. This means footprints are incorporated into the panel drawing before the schematic has been finalized. Many times the components change from what was in the layout originally. After I have deleted the original footprint and put in the correct one, rebuild the database and viewed the panel report (BOM) the original footprints are still there. No matter what I do those footprints still appear in the BOM. I even purge out all not used items did a full rebuild and can't get the items out. I can manually go in an edit the BOM but when another item is added or changed those manual changes disappear. This also affects the item ballooning numbers attached to those components. Wondering if this is something that is just happening to me or if anyone else has experienced the problem.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report