AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BATTORDER changes Pins in symbol builder

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
love.lustig
375 Views, 7 Replies

BATTORDER changes Pins in symbol builder

So when I'm creating symbols in the symbol builder I want to put the attributes thats used to most at the top. Ie the Pins TERM01, TERM02 and so on. 

I use the BATTORDER to rearrange the attributes in the order I see fit. But that jumbles around the attributes in the Symbol builder attribute editor as well. So now I have TERM03 at pin 2, X1TERM02 at pin 3 and TERM02 is gone from the list.

Sometimes it moves the TERM01, 02, ... up to the Required attributes box and shifts the whole row down so that INST, LOC and XREF apears as pin numbers.

Is this how it's supposed to work or am I doing something wrong?

Best regards

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Are you using BATTORDER in the symbol builder?  I tried that and it kept the order in the symbol builder.

Message 3 of 8
love.lustig
in reply to: love.lustig

Yes. So I usaully insert all my attributes, arrange them as I want them and the use the battorder. All of it inside the symbol builder.

This problem is intermittent. In some of my symbols it does not jumble around. There is no obvious pattern either. Sometimes the pin numbers stay as they should and only the required attributes is either removed or jumbled around.

In the symbols that have this problem I tried different sulotions like changing the order in wich I insert the attributes.

Message 4 of 8

I was able to duplicate your issue.  Makes no since at all.  However, I also used BATTMAN in the symbol builder to arrange the attributes and it worked fine.  It could have been a fluke that it worked, but it did work several times.

I did notice that BATTORDER definitely affects the attribute list in symbol builder even when it did not mess it up.  BATTMAN did not seem to affect it at all.

I hope this helps.  This has to be a bug!

Thanks, Steven

Message 5 of 8

I never knew the BATTMAN (hilarious!) command existed. We'll try using that instead, thank you!

Best regards

Message 6 of 8
love.lustig

Ok so today I tried using the BATTMAN command instead of BATTORDER. It is still not working. This was my first attempt.

So this is the order I did things:

1. Draw the symbol (copy from another drawing).
  2. Inserted all the required attributes from the Symbol builder attribute editor. Changed the prompts, value, style, justiy and height of the attributes.
  3. Inserted wire pins. Changed the prompts, value, style, justiy and height.
  4. Opened block attribute manager with the BATTMAN command. Se attached image named BATTMAN before.
  5. Rearranged the attributes  to the order I want them to show with the ones I would be using the most at the top.
  6. Hit apply in the block attribute manager. The action jumbles around everything in the Symbol builder attribute

Any ideas?

Message 7 of 8
vladop

Hi,

at the end of this post, the code for the utility "reorder_attdef.lsp" is given. Change the order of the attributes according to your needs.

Nate’s Simple AutoLISP – Lesson 006 | Nate Holt's Blog (wordpress.com)

Regards,

Vladimir

Message 8 of 8

Try this,

When you have all your attributes in the block  and before you attempt to re-order, in the Block Editor Tab, SAVE BLOCK...TWICE.  The Pin List will revert to this...

stevencoxVCM6J_0-1701101993279.png

Then use BATTORDER to arrange the attributes.

I have done this multiple times and it worked each time.

Hope this helps...again.

Steven

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report