AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AW_TAG Text Style in NFPA blocks issue

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
JeffatPrimex
542 Views, 9 Replies

AW_TAG Text Style in NFPA blocks issue

How do I get rid of this Text Style? 

I need to get rid of it to pass customers standards check.

Thanks,

J.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rhesusminus
in reply to: JeffatPrimex

Well...

That was NOT easy.

First, use the DIMSTYLE command to change the text style in use to Standard instead of AW_TAG.
Then, use the MLEADERSTYLE command to change the text style in use to Standard instead of AW_TAG.
Then, use the TABLESTYLE command to change the text style in use to Standard instead of AW_TAG on all three cell style.

After this, the AW_TAG style isn't referenced by ANYTHING in the drawing, but.. I still couldn't purge it!!
So... I saved as DXF, and manually deleted the AW_TAG text style from the file. Now, it's gone 😄

How to automate this? I have NO idea....

Is there a workaround you can do? Maybe you can use the RENAME command to rename the AW_TAG text style to a name that is ALLOWED at the customer? This can easily be automated to apply for the entire symbol library....

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 10
JeffatPrimex
in reply to: rhesusminus

I tried all that even the dxf trick. I could get rid of the AW_TAG style and even then when I go to insert it I get the style back. ACE must be adding it on the fly. I just tried a really old cimlogic wd block and get the same style added and of course standards check error.

This is like a VIRUS !!

😠

Message 4 of 10
rhesusminus

Attached is a fixed copy of your block. However.. It would be painful to do this for an entire symbol library.

Any way you can just rename the text style?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 10
JeffatPrimex

Thanks for looking into this and that file. I tried it but get the same results with that file. I tried it on the demo project and it did not create the AW_TAG test style. So then I tried creating a new project and setting it up manually with all the customer setting then used your block and I still get that text style.

Message 6 of 10
JeffatPrimex

Perhaps it would help if Anyone could shed some light on When Why and How this Text Style came to be. I was able to delete the Standard style which leads me to believe this AW_TAG style was the Standard style at one time. There must be a similar block stuck in the provided template drawings database that assumes the Standard style is AW_TAG for that block.

Is there any .dwg/.dwt analyzer tools that may help to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

J.

Message 7 of 10
rhesusminus

AcadE likes to insert both the horizontal and vertical symbols at the same time, so the text styles might come from Vtd1n.dwg

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 8 of 10
JeffatPrimex

Trond You're Awesome!

How on earth would you or anyone that's not an ACE programmer even know this?

Thanks!

Now I just have to figure out a way to fix this MESS.

Message 9 of 10
rhesusminus

So... With the help of some fellow expert elites, I was able to make some code that did this automatically.

Attached, you'll find the NFPA and NFPA/1- symbols that had the AW_TAG text style in them, now without the AW_TAG text style.

It's not like I have anything better to do at night Smiley LOL

I guess you need to do the same with some of your drawings also, but I'd like to test with some of your drawings before releasing the program, making you able to this yourself.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 10 of 10
JeffatPrimex

Wow That's what they call going the extra mile!

I haven't created any drawings yet that have this particular text style in them so I'm good there.

I purchased a batch utility to fix the blocks that had that style. As we can see there weren't as many as previously thought. 

"WD" was one of the styles that was acceptable so I just converted them all to dxf format then ran a script I found on the web to search for "AW_TAG" and replace it with "WD" then converted them all back to dwg format. I should have waited! 

I'm sure others could use your program especially the AutoCAD Electrical team so they can clean up this Mess.

Thanks Again,

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report