AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Title Block ACE 2009

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1176 Views, 2 Replies

Automatic Title Block ACE 2009

Hi everybody,

I'd like to impose a common automated title block* in my company. I use the WD_TB invisible attribute method. I made it work very well with ACE2010 doing it this way :

1. Create New drawing
  2. Editing block : ACADE_TITLE
  3. Creating each attribute such as SH, SHM, DRAWNBY...
  4. Creating the invisible WD_TB attribute, giving him the value such as "SH = SHEET;SHM = SHEETMAX;DRAWNBY = LINE2 etc..."
  5. Save and close this block
  6. Insert the block on the drawing
  7. Save as "ACE_PFD_{*Version number*}.dwt"

When i use this procedure and create a drawing within any project and using ACE 2010, it works very well

But it does'nt work at all in (my) ACE2009. When i try to "update the title block*" (right click on project folder*) it can find the WD_TB attribute, but it says "cannot find SHEET attribute, cannot find LINE1 attribute..." and so on even if i try to configure the WD_TB attribute through the editor (project -> Configure title block*).

I send you my file to let you check what is wrong inside it.

Thanks for any help to come Smiley Wink

*Sorry if translating is not good, i have french version, and i tried to guess the commands

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi.

This isn't helpful in any way, but I just tried to open your ACE_PFD_V0_20111206_ACAD2007.dwg in a copy of AcadE 2009 I have here. Apart from the WD_M block missing, the titleblock updated as expected.

Capture.PNG

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks for your "help". This would at least show my drawing was good.

Actually, i created a new .dwt file with the exact same title block "acade_title". But i used the WD_TB editor. It is working now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report