AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Electrical - Printing trouble

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
3117 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad Electrical - Printing trouble

Capture 2.PNG

Hi there, I'm new to Autocad Electrical and I can't seem to print this drawing for work. It keeps printing in the corner of the page only. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jseefdrumr
in reply to: Anonymous

Printing/plotting in ACADE is just like printing/plotting in normal [Vanilla] ACAD. Simply do what you know from previous experience.

If you are new to ACAD in general, try looking through the Help files. They're pretty good, especially for doing basic things.

There are many many aspects to printing/plotting, but it sounds like you should focus on how to scale a plot for different sizes of paper.

Hope this helps,
Jim

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 3 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

You obviously have the correct printer selected as you are getting something out of the printer.

Have you selected the right sized paper?

Is the title block the correct size to properly fit the selected paper?

For example, A3 paper is 420x297 in landscape mode, therefore a title block should be in the range of 400-420 by 270-297 to properly fit.

Has someone set a scale that needs to be cleared in the Plot Scale section?

Try setting the Plot Scale to 'Fit to Paper' and see if that fixes things.

What has been set as the plot area?

For example, if you select Window and then select the diagonal corners of the title block, does it come out full size.

Note, if extents is normally selected, check that there is nothing hidden outside the title block. I've had several cases where either an invisible attribute has been moved outside of the title block before being hidden or a block placed on a layer that's been turned off. Both of these prevents the extents from just selecting the title block.

Make sure the Drawing Orientation fits both the paper and drawing. If you are printing in the wrong orientation, you will get large blank areas.

The hatched area in the page display (under the Properties button in the Printer/Plotter section) shows how the dwg will print out on the page.

The attached image is how I set up my normal dwgs (apart from the missing printer and plot style selections). You will notice that I normally centre the plots and set the scale to fit to the paper. Please note that this dialog is from the 2008 release but there has not been any real change to this dialog that I am aware of. That said, I haven't checked the 2018 release yet.

Print Dialog.JPG

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report