AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Electrical Balloon colors

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dpoff8W55T
232 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad Electrical Balloon colors

I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2021.  I'm not sure what settings might have been set in place to make this happen, but when I insert Balloons, it always has appeared like this:

Screenshot 2024-03-20 095515.png

Notice that the text is red, the balloon itself is white, and the leader arrow is green.  I name several different layers for different balloons depending on the scale of the layout view in which they are visible (this particular one is named PBAL1_12 because it will be on a 1:12 viewport, and I have a chart for the different sized fonts and diameters accordingly).  The leader arrow is on the same layer as the balloon, PBAL1_12.  However, it automatically inserts as green.

However, for reasons I cannot figure out, today the balloons are inserting like this:

Screenshot 2024-03-20 095626.png

Notice that the balloon leader line is inserting as the same color as the balloon (thankfully the text color is still red).  Admittedly, its a very superficial thing that doesn't really need to be fixed, and could even be fixed as easily as changing the color of the leader to green manually, but it no longer automatically inserts as green as it used to, and it drives me nuts for the simple reason that something changed that I have no idea how to fix.  Does anyone know how to change balloon setup to have the leader line automatically insert as green?

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rhesusminus
in reply to: dpoff8W55T

AcadE uses the settings from the Dimstyle to color the lines.

Set the DIMCLRD variable to 3 to make them green again.
This is saved per drawing.

rhesusminus_0-1711006224378.png

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report