AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2018 and Microsoft Office Installation Concerns / Questions

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
petestrycharske
1172 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD Electrical 2018 and Microsoft Office Installation Concerns / Questions

All,

Good morning!  I was working with a client the other day and he said with previous versions of AutoCAD Electrical he had to install Microsoft Office products first due to some Access database errors.  This forces him to sequence his installations with group policy, which is a cumbersome process, apparently.  He noted that ACADE 2018 has the option of using SQL databases, which should theoretically eliminate the Access conflicts.  I'm well outside of my experience realm, so I'm wondering if anyone can let me know if the user has to worry about ACADE 2018 and Microsoft installation conflicts?  If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

It' sjust the catalog data and footprint lookup that can be put on a SQL server, so there are still other databases stuck with MS Access.

So... The customer will have to continue whatever he's doing now.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost