AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Cable from-to

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
roberto.scroccaro
329 Views, 1 Reply

API Cable from-to

Hi,
I'm trying to get info about cable's connections between wires (lines) and bloks.
I've found a report 'Cable From-To' (WD_CABLE_RPT) that gives me all these info but I
would like to get them via API (I don't need a report file).
I'm able, using .NET and c#, to loop through the BlockTable, LayerTable, entities, attributes and so on
but I cannot find the appropriate object/api that contains these information.

PS: another way could be, if possibile, read directly to the database table "WFRM2ALL" and "WNETLST" 

Could you please help me?
Thanks in advance, bye.

Luca Perissini

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Roberto.

I saw you raised this question at Autodesk support also, so I'll put my answer here also, for future reference:
"As you've found out, there's no way to get connection information directly using the API.

Unfortunately, the connection information in the project database is also poorly documented, as you're not supposed to do much there manually.

However, Nat Holt (the father of AutoCAD Electrical) has documented the wire data for us, in this blog post: 
https://nateholt.wordpress.com/2009/07/27/overview-of-autocad-electricals-wdata-table-intermediate-w...
So, you CAN manually parse this information and recreate the connection information from this, but depending on what you create, going through a report might be quicker."

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta