AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD electrical 2023 treats my components as blocks

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
FreddyFW5DP
196 Views, 4 Replies

ACAD electrical 2023 treats my components as blocks

Hello !

so, Ive been using ACAD electrical 2019 for a while for all of my projects, until a week ago I decided to update to 2023,

everything was ok with installation, but when I start working on my drawings that I already done before with the 2019 version I noticed that the 2023 treats my components as blocks , I'm no longer able to (edit, scoot, change attribute etc) also not able to update wires and wire numbers,

is there some sort of setting that I need to make to make 2023 compatible with older DWG files

thank you in advance !

Freddy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: FreddyFW5DP

There shouldn't be any issue opening older drawings in a newer version.

It's hard to guess what this could be. Will it work as expected with the demo projects that come with AutoCAD Electrical?

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
FreddyFW5DP
in reply to: rhesusminus

I tried one of the sample projects that are located in the sample folder and it does the same thing,

I went back to use the 2019 version to complete my drawings,

thank you for your reply,

Message 4 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: FreddyFW5DP

Ok. So, a problem with the installation then. You should try to reinstall at some point.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5
FreddyFW5DP
in reply to: rhesusminus

wow,, yes problem solved after the re-installation , I have control ,now I can see my objects as objects not as blocks

thank you so much for your support,

all the best!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report