Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to data reference or Copy+Paste Pipe Labels

Ability to data reference or Copy+Paste Pipe Labels

It's funny how the dialogue box when you import a D-ref'd networks asks for "label style" on structures. I can't think of a single case where all structures in a real network should have the same type of label. And breakpoints/null structures shouldn't even have labels...

If someone needs an example consider a firepost and a drainage manhole. They should not have the same type of label.

Give us the option to either reference the source pipe netowork labels or an ability to cope+paste the labels manually assigned to each structure/pipe in one drawing to another drawing.

2 Comments
troma
Mentor

There is the option when creating a data reference to an existing network to "include source labels". But it doesn't work.

doni49
Mentor

Ironically, I WANT to be able to use one label style for the entire network.  But the way things are now, I have to use one style for a manhole, another style for a HW, another style for an inlet........

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-ideas/allow-pipe-network-structure-labels-to-quot-kno...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report