Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIssing window dialogues boxes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
srowland4PKTE
250 Views, 2 Replies

MIssing window dialogues boxes

I have a laptop that I take between different offices as well as work from home. At times, there seem to be dialogue boxes that are active but do no appear on the screen, taskbars disappear but they are turned on, etc. Is there a command or windows function that can reset the window boxes to my active screen? i use different monitors at each location an dknow what these settings can interfere with the dispaly properties. I assume there is a way to reset everything to display on choosen screens but am unaware of what that may be.

thank you

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tdivittis
in reply to: srowland4PKTE

For dialog boxes, hold the Windows key down and use the left/right arrows.  It essentially makes a window (dialog or app) jump from monitor to monitor.  (There are other ways, but this seems the simplest/easiest.)

As for palettes, I don't think I've ever had them not show up on screen.  I do see them 'hidden' with almost no width at the left/right edge of the graphics area.  If you move your cursor over the edges, you should see the point switch the resize icon when this happens, then you just click and drag them back out to a width bigger than 1.  The only alternative I know of for palettes would be messing around in the CUI.

I do see other odd cases from time to time, like dialogs being very small and 'under' the application window, but these are pretty rare cases.  Resizing autocad to a very small size temporarily can help you find those.

Hope that helps.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: tdivittis

In pure AutoCAD (and I suppose in Civil too) the positions of the dialogues are stored in "Profile" (which is stored in registry.)

Solution A:

Reset your profile to default. But this will reset all!! of your other profile setings too.

Solution B:

If you know what you are doing you can try to modify the registry - somewhere in "Autodesk ... Profile Name .... Dialogs". But if you are not experienced in registry I would prefer Solution A.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report