Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COM API Section links give erroneous data?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jeff_M
364 Views, 2 Replies

COM API Section links give erroneous data?

Testing in C3D2012, using tutorial drawing "Sections-Grade-Label", selecting 2 sections depicting the existing ground and datum. Note that the datum in the drawing stops correctly where it intersects the ground:

9-27-2013 8-06-27 AM.png

However, when I gather the start/end points for the section links I get points that fall outside the limits of the datum section:

9-27-2013 8-08-39 AM.png

The second item appears to be the daylight point, but the first item is at the edge of the section view with an elevation that makes no sense. At the other side, item 17 is the daylight point and items 18-21 do not appear to be related to anything else in the sectionview, other than #21 which is again at the edge of the sectionview. What could these extra points/links be for? Intersetingly, the same section in C3D2014 returns 1 less point and all points through item 17 are identical, but those following all differ.

BTW, using lisp as I'm helping another user who knows nothing of .NET.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

OK, so I checked to see what the .NET Section.SectionPoints property would return. In C3D2014 it returns the same invalid points outside the daylight limits as the COM version does.

EESignature
Message 3 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

Further exploration has revealed that one must use the SectionLink.Type property to determine if that link is displayed (0= display, 1=hide). So I can get this to work with COM, however, I don't see any way to determine this with the .NET managed wrapper as the SectionPoint only exposes the Location property.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report