AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Dynamic block properties

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
martin9KN26
255 Views, 1 Reply

Share Dynamic block properties

Hello,

I've made dynamic block of a window.

With a visibility parameter I can choose between 3 different views (front and sections..)

With several linear parameters I can change the width, height and other layout variables.

However changes are limited to just one block reference of that block.

Is there a way (VBA?) to have all references of that block in the drawing share the same dynamic block properties library, so all references are updated if you change one.

Using a regular block of course solves this problem, but at the cost of losing the ease of the dynamic block editability.

Any help or tip welcome!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
R_Tweed
in reply to: martin9KN26

It's hard to tell without seeing your actual block. Blocks that have common visibility states of Parameters will be accessible in the properties palette .  If one of the blocks does not have common parameters visible , then those parameters will not display. If you want to have access to all parameters, make them all visible for all visibility states.

That said,  you should post your problem along with the block in question to the dynamic block forum under the autocad forum.  The dynamic block forum is a great resource as long as you are willing to share your block. The users do not respond well to pictures or descriptions.  Share your block.. They will fix it, show you how they did it and re-post your block back to the forum and some will add improvements.

Screenshot 2023-05-26 145144.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report