AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGES TO WORKSPACE ACA 2022, 2023, 2024

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ldharchitects
935 Views, 4 Replies

CHANGES TO WORKSPACE ACA 2022, 2023, 2024

I just updated to 2024 AutoCad Architecture from 2021. I hope someone can help with some of the functionality that seems to be missing. Maybe everything just did not load properly.

1. There is no Build Menu on the home tab. I don't see it in the CUI manager. Can I get that back? 

2. There are no Detail Components on the home tab. Where do I find this?

3. Manage Tab - No Display Manager.

4. Manage Tab - No Style Manager.

5. Annotate Tab - I see plenty of dimension options, but none seem to work with AEC components. Are AEC Dimension styles gone?

6. Tool catalogues do not seem to be readily available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

What profile do you have set current?  It sounds like you may have a profile that is running AutoCAD Architecture "as AutoCAD."  What CUIX file is set as your main customization file - ACA or ACAD?

Everything you mention is still there in AutoCAD Architecture 2024.

Home Ribbon TabHome Ribbon Tab

Manage Ribbon TabManage Ribbon Tab

Annotate Ribbon TabAnnotate Ribbon Tab

Insert Ribbon TabInsert Ribbon Tab

The Content Browser is also available on the Tools flyout of the Home ribbon tab.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: ldharchitects

Message 4 of 5

The profile is set to AutoCad Architecture Imperial.  The tabs are there, but there is no Tools flyout, no build panel, no display manager or no style manager.

Message 5 of 5

Does your Home ribbon tab look something like this?

Snag_ef94b9b.png

The image above is from AutoCAD Architecture 2023, with the AutoCAD profile set current.

In the Options dialog, on the Files tab, expand the Customization Files and Main Customization File nodes.  What CUIX file is set as the main customization file?  Is it ACAD?  If you have ACAD as your main customization file in the AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial) profile, then something was either changed or went wrong.  That profile should be using the ACA as the main customization file.

Snag_efabb0a.png

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta