AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPORTLAYOUT failed to generate a new drawing.

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
1bdchristian
15398 Views, 23 Replies

EXPORTLAYOUT failed to generate a new drawing.

I am attempting to export to layout, when I do I get the error message " EXPORTLAYOUT failed to generate a new drawing." The new drawing it generates is a invalid drawing file. I have several viewports and have changed the exportpaper space variable to 1 to export all views. Any suggestions of what I may try?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
pendean
in reply to: 1bdchristian

Is the problem unique to this one file? Test and find out.
ACA version in your next post please.
Message 3 of 24
1bdchristian
in reply to: pendean

I am working on Autocad Architecture 2015 and it seems to be on all drawings.

Message 4 of 24
pendean

Red this about what the command does NOT export and other limitations, does your file contain these objects?
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCA...
Message 5 of 24
1bdchristian

I have read this and it didn't seem to help. I have attached a drawing I am working with.

Message 6 of 24
pendean

Copy/Pasting your modelspace content to a new file, and doing the same with your layout, seems to have cured the problem: I think you've probably wasted enough time on the original file 🙂

Message 7 of 24
1bdchristian

For all 46 drawings?

Message 8 of 24
pendean

What is the source of these files? Perhaps there is a clue.

I couldn't find the reason in the file you uploaded, so the answer would be yes, unless you want to wait some more for others to jump in. Might be worth the wait, but who knows.
Message 9 of 24
zalant

I've got one of my Development guys looking further into this, but for now, I can tell you that it's the mleaders holding up the show.

Attached are two DWGs, both of which appear identical, in as many ways as I could find. Yet, one works and one doesn't. The one which doesn't is what's left of your sample DWG after I deleted and purged everything out, leaving only one mleader, whose text I modified.

Zac Travis
Message 10 of 24
zalant
in reply to: zalant

The consensus here is that the mleaders in the original drawing simply have some corruption in them. It is not known where it originated, nor how to correct it. The only solution I found was to delete those objects, and then the EXPORTLAYOUT worked fine.

Zac Travis
Message 11 of 24
dmgraves
in reply to: zalant

AutoCAD 2016

Command: _.EXPORTLAYOUT ** EXPORTLAYOUT failed to generate a new drawing. **

Not the mleaders.  Deleted all and still failed.

Message 12 of 24
zalant
in reply to: dmgraves

The DWG file posted previously in this thread had some corruption within the mleader objects. Your drawing likely has the same underlying problem, but not necessarily with the same type of objects.

Zac Travis
Message 13 of 24
pendean

Fix your file with RECOVER command or replace the bad layout with a new layout and try again.
Message 14 of 24
dmgraves

Thanks, but I still get ** EXPORTLAYOUT failed to generate a new drawing. **..  Thinking this is just an AutoCAD bug that doesn't want to go away.

Message 15 of 24
dbroad

Post a drawing that exhibits the problem.  Otherwise we're forced to play guessing games.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 16 of 24
pendean

You can just quit and move on of course, never getting the task done, but there is no such bug: show us your DWG file, let's end the discussion with a fix or find the real issue like an errant object or something.

Message 17 of 24
dmgraves

Would like to post the dwg but due to customer confidentiality agreements that will not be possible.  We'll just use the old fashioned cut and paste method for now, however I do appreciate the efforts of all.  Thanks.

Message 18 of 24
dmgraves

Would like to post the drawing, but due to customer confidentiality agreements that will not be possible.  We'll just use the old fashioned cut and paste method for now, however I do appreciate the efforts of all.  Thanks.

Message 19 of 24
JaHeaton

I know this is an old post, but our IT guy found a solution to help us out that may help others. Apparently bringing an xref into a file also brings in that xref's annotation scales. If you get too many annotation scales, you can't export the layout.

His solution is to use the Scale List Cleanup Utility from Autodesk on the sheets we want to export that are having issues.

Message 20 of 24
brunocassaer
in reply to: JaHeaton

Great !! Thanks , that was a great solution !!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost