AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another 'Unhandled Exception'???

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
663 Views, 4 Replies

Yet another 'Unhandled Exception'???

Greetings Everyone;

I have been filling along the many problems, suggestions and fixes that this board has and have learned a great deal.

However, I have one 'Unhandled Exception' Error upon starting AutoCAD Arch 2018 (Student Version) that I can't find, now figure out!  If I click three times on the error message at startup, it will bypass and indeed allow me to get into the program to work. (However, I've crashed more times than I care to count, but getting things tweekedone at a time.)

This Exception error is in the 'acemgdreverse.dll' ARX Command.  I even did a search not only in the AutoCAD folders, but the entire C:\ drive! And there is NO 'acemgdreverse.dll' file anywhere to be found!  It makes sense to me that if the program, upon trying to load can't find the file, then it indeed would call out some error message. Problem is, I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE! (Sorry, I'm yelling! LOL)

My book by Elise Moss on the 2018 package should be arriving this next week. However, I doubt she'll be covering minute details like these errors that so many of us have had.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you certain that the file in question is not AecMgdReverse.dll?  In a standard installation, that file would be found here:  C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018\ACA.

In this thread, Andy reports the same error as you do, and stated that he fixed it by reinstalling.  Have you tried that?  You may want to download fresh installation files prior to doing so, in case that file is corrupt in the installation files you have.  Also make certain that you have all of the current updates for AutoCAD Architecture 2018, both the AutoCAD 2018.1.2 Update and the AutoCAD Architecture 2018.0.3 Update.  Also make certain that you have installed the Autodesk License Service 5.1.5 Hotfix 1.  That may help with the crashing you are experiencing.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David;

Thanks for the response. Yes indeed it is the 'aEc' file. (Typing with thumbs I guess?)

I just went and downloaded the 'HotFix 5.1.5' that you directed me to on the Autodesk Support site. Then pulled up AutoCadwith the same error message. So, I shut it down, then rebooted my system, thinking that might help. Well, no luck (however, it did show a large group of files scrolling past that never showed before during start up?) Then all of a sudden the evil dialog box with the same message again.  So, tomorrow I hope to try the remove and reinstall, plus check on the other items that may be causing it as discussed in that other article.

I'll keep you posted. With my fingers crossed...

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

David;

Thank You Sir.  I did as you directed as well as followed the tips that Natashl covered. All is now well! 

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. This morning between 4 and 5 a.m. I killed the Microsoft Edge Browser as I thought that have two Internet browsers may have been part of my 'error' problems. So my current browser 'Firefox' is all up to date etc.  I went thru all the instructions step by step on shutting off my Norton Virus Protection, the firewall etc. Then I cleaned my registry, temp files etc.  I removed all the AuctoCADfiles, then followed the step by step process of 'RE-Installing the program'.  Once complete, I rebooted my machine then made sure my firewall and Norton was all back on. Pulled up AutoCad and NO MESSAGES! I was so thrilled!  Then worked on some Exercises in Elise Moss's book and all was well.  Shut down, came back later still all OK.  Worked on a personal home project with no problems.  Then just came in to pull it up again and I got the SAME EXACT error message as before!!! I've read all the posts, I've installed the 5.1.5 HOTFIX, checked for any other updates etc. all all was well until now. IF I ONLY HAD A HAMMER! LOL

My system exceeds all the AutoCAD suggested requirements:

Windows 10 64 bit operating System / Intel i7-7700CPO@3.60 GHZ/ 16.0 GB RAM / 2 TB harddrive (1.64 free) / 27" Monitor / Big New Comfy Chair etc.

I guess my'work-around' is to ignore the messages and just use the package as is? Frustrating isn't the word I'd use right about now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report