AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do some of my walls have random holes?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
elliott.buchanan
140 Views, 2 Replies

Why do some of my walls have random holes?

Hello, currently the project I'm working has had no problems outside of this one wall. The attached picture points out the holes in my wall that should not be there. There are no floor object or anything else intersecting the wall. Additionally the holes do show up in vertical sections. I've tried redrawing the wall, restarting the file, and restarting the program. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @elliott.buchanan ,

Thanks for posting your issues on the AutoCAD Architecture forum, lets see if we can try to get you pointed in the right direction. 

I noted that you have tried to redraw the wall, but does this hole in the wall appear if you start a new drawing or does this only occur on this particular drawing? 

I also noticed you have a similar looking gap in the wall (denoted by the yellow arrows), do you recall how you modelled out this gap? 

Screenshot 2024-06-18 131808.png

Lastly, if you could share the sample file of this issue occurring, that would be greatly appreciated to get a better understanding of the situation (do remember to remove any confidential elements when sharing drawings on the forum, alternatively you may private message me for more privacy).

Best regards,

Yanhan

Yanhan Lim
QA Analyst
Message 3 of 3

Are all Layers in your file turned on and thawed?  Do you have any objects hidden (Hide/Isolate)?

As @yanhan.lim noted, posting a drawing file that exhibits the problem will help us sort out what is causing those holes.  If you WBLOCK the Walls with the problems out to a separate file, are the holes present in the WBLOCKed file, too?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report