AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The multifunctional grip menu disappears when trying to select an option

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
6117 Views, 3 Replies

The multifunctional grip menu disappears when trying to select an option

In AutoCAD Architecture 2017, when you hover over a grip, the multifunctional grip menu appears. But when I move the mouse to try to select one of the options, the menu disappears.

Anybody got a solution for this?

We have found a way around the problem by typing the first letter of the option or by selecting the grip and using Ctrl to cykle through the options.

But we would like to solve the problem anyway.

We are using version 7.9.102.0 AutoCAD Architecture 20017 SP1

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community, and thank you for posting your question here in the AutoCAD Architecture forum!

It sounds like you might be experiencing a display issue that other AutoCAD users have encountered as well. This may be due to a high-resolution display (4K monitor). Does this sound like it might be what you're experiencing?

The first thing I'd recommend is that you install all available updates for both AutoCAD 2017 and AutoCAD Architecture 2017 (the latter is built upon the former).

You can find information about high resolution monitor support here, which includes the update versions that support them:

If installing the latest updates for AutoCAD and ACA doesn't help, please take a look at the suggestions in this article for a couple of solutions that might work for you:

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Thank you so much. This solved the problem.

Now the user of that computer has to deside if she kan live with a scaling of 100% and a funktional multifunctional grip menu. Or a scaling of 125% and no multifunctional grip menu. I can turn that of, so she doesn't see it.

It is strange, and a hint to others, that the computer has two screens. One was set to 125% and the other to 100% so the letters appear similar in size. The screen with AutoCAD was set to 100%. When I set the other screen to 100% and logged on and off. The multifunctional grip menu worked properly. Then I sat the screen back to 125%. The multifunctional grip menu continued to work proberly, until I logged off and on. Then it stopped working.

This was not the screen with AutoCAD but the other screen, screen one. Just a hint to others with the same problem 😉

Thank you, VStudley.

I couldn't get to the computer in question before now, so there fore, couldn't answer any sooner. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost