AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STB / CTB files missing in Etransmit

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
lindyrae
3063 Views, 17 Replies

STB / CTB files missing in Etransmit

We recently installed 2017 in our office and now when trying to etransmit (from project navigator and multiple files), it no longer includes our plot styles.  Can anyone point me to the setting to change?  Other solution?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
ennujozlagam
in reply to: lindyrae

@lindyrae hello, you need to print first your drawing in any printer you have assign your ctb/stb then you will be able to see your plot style in Etransmit. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 18
dbroad

Etransmit has a dialog that allows you to modify the settings.  Use that feature to check that you want to include support files and save the changes to your setup.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 18
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: dbroad

Hi @lindyrae,

Here's a screenshot of the Etransmit dialog box where you can change the settings, as @dbroad recommended:

Etransmit_Plot_Style_Table_File.png

Could you try this and let us know if it works for you?

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Victoria Studley
Principal Experience Designer - Fusion
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 5 of 18
lindyrae
in reply to: ennujozlagam

All the sheets I'm etransmitting have been printed individually in the past and have a page set-up assigned to them all the the .stb file I wish to show up in my list of files in the etransmit.   So that is not my issue unfortunately.

Message 6 of 18
lindyrae

This is where I've been looking for the .stb and I can't find exactly which setting allow for the .stb or .ctb files to be included. I've tried turning on everything and they're still not there.

Message 7 of 18
lindyrae
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

This is what my files tree tab options look like.  I don't have the option for Plot Styles there.

Message 8 of 18
dbroad

Take a screenshot of your pagesetup screen for A-101 Overall Floor Plan.dwg.  You should see a plot style node in your file tree but only if the page setup has established one and only if the file is available.  If you recently reinstalled the system, you may be missing your plot styles.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 9 of 18
lindyrae

Here is my page setup for A-101.  The plot style table I want is there.  Also, I've discovered the plot styles show up if I transmit a sheet individually, just not if I select a whole group from project navigator/browser. They used to show up as I almost always etransmit multiple files from project navigator.  Something has just gotten off somehow and I can't figure out where the setting is to fix it.  I've included a few other photos as well so you can hopefully see how I'm going about this.

Message 10 of 18
Victoria.Studley

Hi @lindyrae,

I tested this in ACA 2017 with the default Project Navigator project, by selecting the four Structural Plan sheets, right-clicking, and choosing Etransmit... .

In the Files Tree tab, each drawing is listed under the Sheet Drawings section, and when expanded, each of them contains the relevant STB plot style:

Files_Tree_Tab.png

The settings are out-of-the-box, as far as I recall, but here's a screenshot of my Transmittal Setup anyway, for reference:

Transmittal_Setup.png

Perhaps @dbroad's suggestion that the page setups might not be pointing to the right plot style or that the plot styles may be missing is something to reconsider?

You may also want to ensure that all of the AutoCAD 2017 and AutoCAD Architecture 2017 updates are installed (check the Autodesk Desktop App or your Autodesk Account for updates). Barring this, you could try repairing the software, if you think this is a glitch that started occurring suddenly, when previously it had been working just fine, and nothing else in your environment has changed.

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Victoria Studley
Message 11 of 18
lindyrae

If you look a few posts above, you can see image files that show my settings.  The page setup manager does indeed have the correct plot style associated with it. That same set up is assigned to all sheets in the set.  I have all the service packs, updates, etc. installed for AutoCAD Architecture 2017.  I honestly cannot figure out why it's not showing up. 

However with all that said, it randomly started working just yesterday (I hesitate to even say that, you'll see why as you read on.)  I did not change any settings from the above pictures.  In fact, I etransmitted the same exact files yesterday three separate times (small xref changes between each is all) and the plot styles mysteriously appeared only on the third one.  I hesitate to mark this as solved as no setting changes were applied and I'm not sure it will keep including the plot styles the next time I attempt to etransmit multiple sheets from the project browser.

Message 12 of 18
Victoria.Studley

Hi @lindyrae,

Are your plot styles stored in a network location, by chance?

An issue that is intermittent in the way you've described this can indicate inconsistent connectivity to a network location. It's unclear what else might be causing the issue to come and go in this manner.

Victoria Studley
Message 13 of 18
lindyrae

All of the files are stored on the same network.  So if I can access the sheets themselves, I should be able to access the plot styles, logic would say.  Though nothing about e-transmitting these plot styles has been logical so far.  Haha!  We generally don't have a lot of connectivity issues.  I wouldn't completely rule this out though. I'm hoping to e-transmit later today and I'll check to see if it's working still.  With only one out of the last several attempts including the plot styles, I'm not extremely hopeful.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous

I have the same problem, tested on different machine with different version of autocad

• autocad 2018: not working
  • autocad 2017: not working
  • autocad 2016: working

I noticed that the etransmit command behaves differently if started from the sheet set manager or from the drawing itself:

1. If I use etransmit from sheet set manager (i.e. right click on sheet > etransmit ) it won't pull the plot style associated in the named paged setup. (DOESN'T WORK)
  2. If I use etransmit within the dwg itself, it will pull the correct plot style as expected. (WORKS)

The page setup is correctly done and named, since case 2 properly works.

Also case 1 work as expected in autocad 2016.

Message 15 of 18
ti_dao
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,.. we are experimenting same issues here...

STB/CTB are not included if we use ETRANSMIT from sheetset manager..

but if you open your file directly and use _ETRANSMIT command line...it work.

this issue comes from AutoCAD 2017 only..

the other version 2016, 2019 work correctly...

didn't get a chance to test with 2018.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: ti_dao

I have the same bug (acad 2018). 

It seems, it works only in older version (2016). 

In acad 2018 it does not work

- even from sheet set manager

- even from file menu

How ever you can drag & drop your ctb/stb file - & drop it into the window with etransmited files!

regards Olik

Message 17 of 18
ti_dao
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, Thank you very much.
I’ve made a new Etransmit from my own in LISP, called ZipNgo.
Cause with same settings from 2014 to 2019,..etransmit make different zip result.
So,..I was tired to patch AutoCAD issues.
ZipNgo also allows lot more for us,..renaming, classifying, incrementation methode, adding dates, tabs, etc,…
It allows also to make multiple Transmital by drawings.

😊 this is the power of LISP.
Message 18 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: ti_dao

Hello,

it is nice to know, that your lisp file is called Zip & go.

However I wold prefer to download your code 😉

regards Olik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report