AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloped Brick column cap

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tevansERD
574 Views, 2 Replies

Sloped Brick column cap

I created a column with a brick cap. i have been asked if the rowlock on top can look like sloped brick similar to a brick ledge, see the attached drawing for a better visual. I don't see how to achieve this so thought i would throw it out to the experts to  make sure. Maybe some kind of modifier?

Thank you in advance for your input

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
R_Tweed
in reply to: tevansERD

Thanks for posting the example. I've been working more with dynamic blocks to speed up my elevation linework and this gives me another direction.  I'm not sure that my hatching is really correct on the attached file, take a look at the material definition for the hatching component.  I would think that you would more than likely need to separate the cap into multiple blocks to get the face hatching to work better (just a guess).  I tend to adjust mapping in 3ds as needed so I don't know how much effort I would spend on making the display work for the material.

Screenshot 2020-12-18 085458.png

Message 3 of 3
tevansERD
in reply to: R_Tweed

Awesome, thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report