AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Residencial stairs and roofs, Is it just me?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
389 Views, 3 Replies

Residencial stairs and roofs, Is it just me?

Greatings all, I am new to this forum, but have been using Autodesk Architecture since Architectural Desktop 2004. I am now using Architecture 2016 and do residential house design, architectural drafting and structural engineering cad technician drafting.

I draw in 3D exclusively and in all of those years, and also 27 years of carpentry construction previously, I have a couple of main gripes about how Autodesk draws two 3d objects.

1) In construction and my drafting of wooden stairways, the 1x8 riser board always is attached to the 2x12 stringers first and then the stair tread is butted up to the riser second. At the top of the stringer, a 3/4" piece of plywood is glued and screwed to the stringer, which is then nailed to the foor trusses or a header and replaces the top riser. AutoCAD draws it backwards and as such there is always a gap at the top of the stairs and it is a pain to line up the stairs to the floors and landings. ๐Ÿ˜ž I wish they would reverse this or let me make that change.

2) Wood roof trusses are defined by the pitch and heal height, I wish that there was a feature to let me input the heal height along with the roof pitch and plate elevation for roofs and roof slabs and not have to look at side elevations and draw a bunch of dimensioned construction lines.

Is it just me or does anyone else have an issue with this.

Thanks,

Volvo Heretic

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

I agree that ACA has a lot of deficiencies in this regard.

You probably don't want to spend more money on software but have you looked at VisionRez?

Message 3 of 4
Victoria.Studley

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community, and thank you for posting your question here in the AutoCAD Architecture forum!

As far as I can tell, neither of these adjustments/configurations seem possible, as you've described. Although they would make excellent feature enhancements in a future update.

Have you considered submitting them directly to the AutoCAD Architecture product team for consideration? Here is the link to the feedback form that goes directly to the product team.

Additionally, if you post sample files and/or a Screencast that show what you're experiencing and what you'd prefer, maybe we can find a better workflow using the tools as they currently function.

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Victoria Studley
Principal Experience Designer - Fusion
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 4 of 4
E-Lavoie

stair and roof are in need of an upgrade for the last 10 year, maybe in the next 10 year......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report