Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with formula showing in room tag instead of the value

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
729 Views, 11 Replies

Problem with formula showing in room tag instead of the value

Hi,

From one day to another, Architecture 2018 just shows all room tags as the formula. Before it showed the value that the formula gave me. My colleagues doesn't see this when they open up the same model.

New or old models, doesn't matter. I have the same problem in all models I open.

When the model opens I see the room tags as normal, but when it regenerates as the model opens, the roomtags turn into formula.

I've tried repairing the program, re-installing and reseting the settings etc..
Same things happen if I open the modell in MEP 2018.

I'm completely stuck..

Labels (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Post screenshots of the ABOUT command pop-up from each of your 2018 software please.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Here you are!

Thanks for helping me.

Message 4 of 12
dbroad

Room tags display fine here. Same version and update.  Since it is vbscript based, might the problem involve an overzealous virus checker or Windows update?

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: dbroad

We only use Windows defender as antivirus-program.
So maybe if I go back to the old windows update-version it might solve my problem?

Message 6 of 12
dbroad

I don't know but I had to abandon Windows 10 a long time ago because of an update that caused big problems with AutoCAD. I need to upgrade again but will probably wait until I've got a new computer.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 7 of 12
David_W_Koch

The room tags displayed just fine for me, too, even after a REGEN and an OBJRELUPDATE.

Somewhere in the formulas that ultimately generate the room number, something is failing, which causes the evaluated formula to display.  Perhaps a repair install might fix some wayward module or registry setting and put things to right on your computer?  Chances are it will not make any difference, but it usually only takes a few minutes to run.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Unfortunatly I've already tried both repairing and re-installing the software 😞

Message 9 of 12
David_W_Koch

Were your colleagues' installations done from the same deployment or same set of installation files?  Was your installation done via the "Install Now" method?  You may want to use the Browser Download method to fully download a fresh set of the installation files, and try reinstalling from that?  (Unless someone else comes up with an easier, faster fix, of course.)

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 10 of 12
pendean

As noted by others, I cannot get your room tags to fail here even if I open the file in other variants of AutoCAD.

As a test, only a test, log into your computer as an all new user with admin rights and test it, is it still failing? If yes, you might have a conflicting software on that PC or a replaced DLL or a Win10 update or something else.

If I may ask, are you on a perpetual license and why you are still stuck in the 2018s versions? Worth testing in MEP/ARCH 2021 for example.

HTH
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

My collegues use different installation files.
I've tried fully manually uninstalling the program and installing it as browser method and manually method.

None of the options work.
Now I get error messages when trying to open the program. So I cant even open the program right now..

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Autodesk-support couldn't help with this. Finally and unfortunatly, I had to re-install the whole computer... but atleast it all works now!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report