AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotter configuration across multiple platforms

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Mike.Lamka
409 Views, 4 Replies

Plotter configuration across multiple platforms

Hello, let me first apologize if this is in the wrong forum.  We have an office with 6 cad stations using titles ACAD 2010, ACAD 2012, ACAD 2012lt, ACA 2013 and ACA 2016.  I run all the plotter set-ups from our server and have been having issues lately on the 2 machines running ACA 2013. 

I set the system from my machine which runs 2013.  I have the set-up for the ootb dwg to pdf.pc3.  The pc3 was modified to filter the list and set up a custom sheet size for 22x36 to push the drawing to the right side for embossing.  I have the same configuration paths and use a named page setup on all machines.  The other one with 2013 cuts off the top and right side of the drawing.

I also tried importing my profile onto the other computer as well, but it was of no use.  I'm open to any and all ideas.

Thank you,

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dbroad
in reply to: Mike.Lamka

You probably already know this, but what plots and doesn't plot depends on more than just the plot configuration.  It also depends on the layout settings (origin, centering, portrait vs landscape etc.)  I don't think those settings are in the pc3 file.  Instead they are in the template used for the layouts or sheets.  If those vary from computer to computer, then variations will still exist.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 5
Mike.Lamka
in reply to: dbroad

I have everything set to run from a standard template which is why it is frustrating me so much.  I've never had this issue before.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Mike.Lamka

Cutting off sides in output simply means the margins (or plot origin locations) you set in the PC3 file and template files do not apply to the files or devices or device drivers the others are using. Not much else to it really, the difficulty for you now is to identify if your PC3 file is the problem.

Remember, a PC3 file is not a driver for most devices that don't come with PC3 files from their manufacturer.
Message 5 of 5
Mike.Lamka
in reply to: pendean

I found a suitable work-around.  It's ugly, but it works.  I had set up a papersize of 22x36 to force the title block to the right when making pdf's for embossing.  The 'company standard' is a 22x34 sheet which are a nuissance with 36" wide rolls.  I can make a pdf on a 22x34 sheet and then simply rotate it 180 degrees within the pdf.  Since our hp plotter forces every pdf to the left, this in turn moves the edge of the titleblock over there.  

I explained it out for anyone else has the same issue.  Thanks for your help and suggestions gentlemen.

On a side note, I checked the other computers and the one in question was the only one that has it's margins or whatever out of whack.

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost