AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invisible windows

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
963 Views, 9 Replies

Invisible windows

Hello, I'm using AutoCAD Architectural 2016 and when I insert a Window it doesn't appear in the top view, but when I put it in isometric it's there. the doors are working fine.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
KathyMoffa
in reply to: Anonymous

By default, the plan view display configuration for windows has both above and below the cut plan set to not display.    To display windows that are above or below the cup plane,  right click the window and select edit window style, select the tab Display Properties,  check Plan and turn on the above/below cut plane settings.  

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: KathyMoffa

thanks, very much. It worked!!!

Message 4 of 10
mauarduz

Hi I've the same situation, but cannot select neither windows or doors, the (empty) space is there as if the door is there but i cannot select it to go to the display settings, also the hatches on the standard wall are gone, i saw that all the display settings are on dunno what is going on, this is delaying me so much, help please

Message 5 of 10
KathyMoffa
in reply to: mauarduz

Change your view to Isometric, which will allow you to see and select the door and edit the style so that it displays in at least one of your Plan Views.  Very aggravating, I agree. 

Message 6 of 10
mauarduz

Thanks, that helped for the door, the windows are still behaving strangely, it looks like this screenshot now, the wall makes no space for it, and it still has no hatch

Message 7 of 10
KathyMoffa

Your window is above (or below) the cut plan, and the default product does not show windows above or below the Cut Plan.   You can edit the wall display and change the cut plane of the wall, so that the window is displayed correctly, but that will result in other windows & doors on that same wall displaying incorrectly if they do not cut the higher cut plane.   Another option, albeit not ideal, is to create a new wall style for your high/low windows and use that segment only in that situation.  Again, not great, because when you generate elevations, it will show a line where the wall styles are different.   

Message 8 of 10
mauarduz

thanks for your responses, i partially resolved by setting the cut plane at 36 inches, for some odd reason it had been at 70 something feet, i never set it there, this is so random. Anyway, now i get a hatch on the walls and the objects display as cutting through them, but in this attached image there are these green lines, do you have any idea why they are there through the door openings?

Message 9 of 10
KathyMoffa

Edit your Wall Style and look at the Display Properties of your current Display.  In Layer/Color, is Visible checked on Display Above and/or Below?   If so, is it Hidden or Continuous?     Also look at the Other tab - first two options - Display Inner Lines Above & Below.   

Message 10 of 10
mauarduz

Thanks so much, that worked! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

”Boost