AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC Export with blocks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
lei900
2406 Views, 8 Replies

IFC Export with blocks

Hello,

When i am exporting a dwg block with several solids within and with different colors to IFC, in the IFC he does not export de colors of de solids but only the color of the layer of the block.

How is it possible to export a block en keep de original colors of solid whitin the block.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: lei900

By chance are the contents insside these blocks in ACA on layer zero and color "BYLAYER" or BYBLOCK?
Message 3 of 9
lei900
in reply to: pendean

The solids within the block are in there own layer with there own colors. But when i export the block to IFC and open the IFC in a IFC viewer i only see one color and not the different colors i see in autocad architecture.

It's like autocad cannot export the layer information to IFC.

Message 4 of 9
pendean

IFC file objects rely on object colors, not layer colors, I believe.
Message 5 of 9
kamil_konecny

I have the same problem ACA 2016 and I think that at ACA 2014 the result was correct.

In the attached DWG file is wall element as a block of timbers and plates drown by several colored solids. But after the export to IFC they are all black.

What is wrong? Why the color of the solid is not exported. I try to set all block entties to 0 layer and so on but nothing helps...

If I export it without the block (I explode the panel), the colors are correct. But I loose the panles and I have thousands of timbers.

Thanks a lot Kamil

Message 6 of 9
pendean
in reply to: kamil_konecny

>>>....I explode the panel...<<<
Is the block "color black' by chance? Not the content within the block, you noted they are not "black".
Message 7 of 9
kamil_konecny

Hello Dean,

thanks for you answer. At the attachments are two pictures from Tekla BIM Sight how it visualize the IFC file if the panel is exported (ACA IFCEXPORT command) as a block containing solids and only the solids (panel block was exploded). There is also picture how it looks at AutoCAD (ACA) so the object have individual colors (timbers are yellow and plates blue). I need to export the panel as a block otherwise I can easily switch on/off whole panel in the BIM software but I need the mode colorful, not single color.

I think that at ACA 2014 was the export correct but I cannot check it.

So my question is how to set the color of the object inside the panel block to have correct output to the IFC?

Thanks Kamil

Message 8 of 9
lei900

When you have a block with different contents with different colors, the IFC makes the block in one color and that's the color of layer of the block. The colors of different content within the block are gone.

Can you make an IFC of a block who contains different solids with different colors and not lose its own color when you make an IFC
Message 9 of 9
salfal

Hi everyone, I have the same problem with Civil3D and the export of many CAD block (3D solid) in IFC. Anyone have find a solution?
Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost