AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors during the creation of series

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ben_rating
412 Views, 6 Replies

Errors during the creation of series

Hi,

i have a problem when i try to create series in AutoCAD Architecture. I am using the AutoCAD Architecture 2023 and 2024 student version with the latest updates. When I work on my drawings, everything is fine, until the moment, when i can't edit or use series anymore. If I try to edit a series to change the length, the blue arrow is changing , but not the blocks of the series. If I try to create a new series, the arrows change as well, but the blocks do not appear in the drawing. If I confirm the new one, the original block gets deleted. (I created a video, where I demonstrate the problem).

To solve the problems, I tried the following things:

- Restart AutoCAD -> problem is still there

- Create a new file and import the old drawing per "insert" and "Wblock" -> For a hour or so, everything was fine, after that, the problem appears again

- New install of AutoCad Architekture 2024 -> problem is still the same

- Deinstall Install AutoCad Architekture 2024 an install the 2023 version-> problem is still the same

Has anyone the same problem or has a solution for it?

Best regards

Ben

Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: ben_rating

@ben_rating Looks like your video card/driver is choking: did you have a system update recently?

Which video card are your two software using?

Have you installed AutoCAD 2023.1.3 / 2024.0.1 Update yet? ABOUT command will confirm what you have installed. If not, get it from your Autodesk Account Page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
Restart your PC afterwards.

If that did not help... Set GFXDX12 variable to 0 (that's a zero) then restart AutoCADARCH 2023/2024.

Also consider turning off LINESMOOTHING and LINEFADING variables.

If still no relief then start GRAPHICSCONFIG command and change the 2D Display Settings pulldown from "advanced mode" to one of the other choices.

Let us know.

Message 3 of 7
ben_rating
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

@pendeanthank you for your help. Unfortunately, I have no real improvements. I installed the Update to 24.0.1 and for three hours or so, i was able to use Autocad normal. Then the problems pop up again. I followed your advice's, tried to separate the external graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 4060 Laptop GPU), tried to update all the drivers (NVIDIA driver version: 31.0.15.3640), nothing changed. Same with the internal GPU from Intel (Driver version: 31.0.101.4502)

More ideas for a solution?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Ben

Message 4 of 7
pendean

@ben_rating wrote:

Hi,

...I installed the Update to 24.0.1 and for three hours or so, i was able to use Autocad normal...

That's a good start: may I ask, does a shutdown/restart your PC bring the performance back for a while too? You most likely have something else going on, while you wait here for others to suggest options for you to try, I recommend you contact Autodesk Support. Here is how to open a support case:
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-find-my-sup...

Message 5 of 7
ben_rating
in reply to: pendean

Unfortunately, a restart does not help... Still the same. But thanks for the tip with a support case 🙂

Message 6 of 7
David_W_Koch

This probably does not help much, but in AutoCAD Architecture 2024 (Product Version 8.6.52.0), built on U.71.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.0.1, the ARRAY command is working as expected and shows copies of the source objects at each node of a rectangular array for me.  Grip edits also work as expected.  I am working in the AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial) profile, with the US content installed.

2023-07-15_ACA2024_ARRAY.gif

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 7
ben_rating
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hi,

unfortunately, this info does not help me, I use the german setting 🙂 But thanks for the hint.

Best regards

Ben

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report