AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Tag not pulling in correct DoorObject:Number

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1228 Views, 5 Replies

Door Tag not pulling in correct DoorObject:Number

Hi there,

I've begun having a very frustrating issue in AutoCAD Architecture 2014. Up until recently, I have had no issues with door tags and everything seemed to work fine.

I number all my doors using the DoorObjects:Number Property Set, and the Door Tag I am using has been set up to reference that number in the tag. So I start out with a normal door placed in a wall: 

Capture1.JPG

Notice the door is defined as 108 in the DoorObjects:Number Property Set:

Capture2.JPG

So I go to my Tool Palette and select Door Tag:

Capture3.JPG

After selecting the door, the window pops up asking if I'd like to edit any of the properties the tag will be referencing. Not here that again, the door is defined as 108:

Capture4.JPG

When I place the tag, it enters 001 for the number in the tag:

Capture5.JPG

So clearly it's not referencing the correct property set anymore. This is consistent for every door, in every file, for every machine in our office. I'm not sure what changed recently to break the link, or how to go about reconnecting it to pull the correct information in from the DoorObjects:Number Property Set.

Any help?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Also realized I should have included a test file. Here you go.

Message 3 of 6
dbroad

Looks fine here Trevor.2016-09-10_9-06-21.png

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 6
David_W_Koch

All is well here, too.

2016-09-10_ACA2014_WorkingDoorTag.png

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hey, thanks for checking the file for me. Just after I posted, I found this post from a few years back describing a very similar issue, with community members also stating that the file seemed to work fine from their end. The solution was to simply restart AutoCAD. After rebooting, everything seems to be in working order.  

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dbroad

Hey, thanks for checking the file for me. Just after I posted, I found this post from a few years back describing a very similar issue, with community members also stating that the file seemed to work fine from their end. The solution was to simply restart AutoCAD. After rebooting, everything seems to be in working order.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report