AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Wall Cleanup-bullnose CMU

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1112 Views, 5 Replies

Custom Wall Cleanup-bullnose CMU

Is there a simple way to create a wall cleanup that creates a radius
(1" or so)on the outside corner at all wall intersections?
We constantly get our old-school Principal complaining that we don't show bullnose block on our drawings.
We also have no actual CAD professionals, we are all architects and designers mostly self taught using ACAD/Desktop
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I do not know that there is a good answer to that one. You must be plotting plans at a fairly large scale for a 1" bullnose to read clearly.

You could have the walls not clean up, and then fake cleanup with open endcaps, one of which has the desired radius, but that would be a royal pain and not work the effort, in my opinion. If you absolutely had to do it, I suppose setting up a Mass Element that represents the part you want to remove, then adding that to the walls as a subtractive interference condition would work. But to have to do that, and maintain it, at every exterior corner is still more work that it would be worth.

I would leave the corners square and draw a typical large scale detail showing the bullnose (or simply let the specifications describe it). Maybe that's why I am just a production guy, and not a principal.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 at home
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks,
This is one of those things that I really thought would be a simple thing and we just didn't know how to do. I think at 1/8" the bullnose might be detectable, but when we do plan details at larger scale, we get the boss walking by a set of plans laying on someone's desk and screaming that "we never have a sharp edge cmu corner sticking out !!who drew this?!? why don't you show it bullnosed ?!?
So, for someone who has hand drafted hisr whole life, he hates to be told we can't do that.
I am frankly continually surprised by the limitations of Autocad for simple things like this. I just posted this question expecting that it surely someone has done this before....but again, I was wrong and it's not so simple.
Thanks again.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I managed to fake this out for now by creating a new wall style, "bullnose", same materials and priorities as the CMU, drawing a 1" radius arc wall, width 1", justified to the outside of the curve.

Then the "actual" intersecting walls need to be justified to the same position. Then two added wall merge conditions. I foresee it turning into a grand mess quite easily once someone touches it.

I agree with kennystump on this one... it would be really nice to have this ability as a cleanup or something definable. This is an ability we do need to have in many correctional projects.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

You can create 2 different endcap styles and attach the walls so that they do NOT cleanup with each other.

Message 6 of 6
CRS_Architects

You can create a wall reveal from a profile and place in the walls where you want the bullnose.  I created a profile family with a 1" radius, and then used that in a wall reveal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report