AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Dictionary

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mikeshick
654 Views, 6 Replies

Custom Dictionary

For the past few years, my custom dictionary in AutoCAD based products has not worked, for one reason or another.  This year, I see that the problem occurs because after each program exit, the selected custom dictionary defaults to none, even though my custom dictionary is set in the options.

Does someone know how to right a lisp routine that would automate setting the custom dictionary to my desired selection.  then I could insert it into the Acaddoc.lsp routine.

Thanks,

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: mikeshick

On the same PC all these years too?
Does your "autocad product" start up by calling an external ARG file? That might be the culprit.
Do you give your file a unique name? Or do you edit it in MSWord or something else?
DCTCUST command identifies your file as what and where is it stored?
Perhaps you need to move the file to a folder where you have read/write/rename/delete rights PLUS it's in the AutoCAD search path defined in OPTIONS command's FILES tab entry too.

DCTMAIN command is set to what?

Message 3 of 7

Hi @mikeshick,

In addition to @pendean's questions, I'd like to know: do you see this error message as well?

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 4 of 7
mikeshick
in reply to: pendean

Thanks, Dean.

All different PC's, but same setup.
No external ARG, but internal one, yes.
File does have unique name.
Dctcust is set to same as options files tab entry
File is in folder readable, writeable folder
No edit except notepad
Dctmain - enu
Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
Message 5 of 7
pendean

Message 6 of 7
mikeshick
in reply to: pendean

Any chance you guys might know autolisp in order to through a command in the autocad.lsp to ensure the custom dictionary always loads at each drawing.  Issue was never resolved.

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
Message 7 of 7
mikeshick

Did anyone see this post about using lisp to set a custom dictionary each drawing load?

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost