Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture 2023 - Views/View cube are out of sync.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
480 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture 2023 - Views/View cube are out of sync.

I am unsure how this happened, but I would my views to return to the original settings. Because the View cube is different than Views (selected in the top left of the model layout), my X,Y,Z axis's are off. 

Example:  View Reads (Front) and View Cube Reads (Top)

I have tried multiple work arounds (including restoring to default settings), but I continue to return to this setting, even if I open a new drawing. 

Any suggestions? Thank you!Front.Top.PNGbottom.PNGLeft. tilted.PNG

[ The subject line of this post has been edited to include the product name by @handjonathan ]

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: 20124123

If you set both UCS and PLAN commands to WORLD in that file, does that solve the mismatch issue? Yeah, if you were not careful with your content placements they might get messed up.

Message 3 of 10
in reply to: pendean

UCS is in WORLD

PLAN is (Current) 

I tried to adjust when in Front view. In Front View, it still shows TOP on the view cube. When I go to PLAN and type WORLD. It brings me back to TOP View with TOP on the VIEWCUBE as well, but it doesn't change the settings in the FRONT VIEW. 

Any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 10
pendean

Can you share that DWG file here?
Message 5 of 10

Thank you. I've attached one of my files. This error seems to run through all of them. 

Message 6 of 10
pendean

Setting UCS and PLAN commands both to WORLD, as I suggested earlier, fixed it.

And as you can see, unlike your screenshots, my W and my E are not like this either

pendean_0-1666743762933.png

See attached.

Message 7 of 10
handjonathan

Hi @20124123 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Has the solution suggested by @pendean helped with your issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community!  

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 8 of 10

Thank you for your detailed response. 

I have attempted it again, and it makes the adjustment, but it is not permanent. I was hoping the mistake was something I am overlooking, so I brought the issue and your guidance to my instructor (who is also baffled). 

Perhaps I can create a short screencast of the issue as well as going through your solution to better provide a view of the issue from my perspective. 

Thank you for walking me through this. 

Message 9 of 10
in reply to: handjonathan

It has been helpful, but still unresolved. Perhaps the issue is my inability to explain the exact problem (View cube does not always match selected views, this also affects the X,Y,Z plains)

Message 10 of 10
David_W_Koch

@20124123 wrote:

UCS is in WORLD

PLAN is (Current) 

I tried to adjust when in Front view. In Front View, it still shows TOP on the view cube. When I go to PLAN and type WORLD. It brings me back to TOP View with TOP on the VIEWCUBE as well, but it doesn't change the settings in the FRONT VIEW. 

Any other suggestions?

Perhaps you changed UCS to World later on, but when you made the screen captures in your original post, the UCS was set to "Unnamed".  Could that be the thing that is causing inconsistent results for you?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report