AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d Generated Elevations

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1000 Views, 6 Replies

2d Generated Elevations

I'm using Autocad Architecture, I have a good handle on how to use them but I still haven't figured out how to get the lines to display on the same layer as my 3d elements, we have our layers set up and we want to make sure that the elevations print out right but every time I mess with it I still can't get it to display the way I want.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to change the elevation "Style" to set color or plot styles.

Once you have inserted the elevation or section, right click the elevation or section and on the menu select "edit style".

Or click Manage tab Style & Display panel Style Manager,expand Documentation Objects, expand 2D Section/Elevation Styles, and select the style you want to change.

This may also be helpful:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-architecture/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2...

Message 3 of 7
dbroad

It looks like you have chosen the background style for your elevations. Those are not intended to plot but just display so that you can add linework manually on whatever layers you want. This puts you in control of layering and exact detail quality but takes lots longer than annotating and editing the generated elevations..  If you can accept one of the built in elevation styles, the plot settings are very acceptable in combination with the standard plot styles that come with the program, such as the AIA or AEC standards.  Creating your own elevation style is a task for an ACA master and not to be attempted lightly.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 7
Victoria.Studley

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community, and thank you for posting your question here!

It looks like @leothebuilder and @dbroad both offered some good advice for adjusting your 2D Elevations. Did their advice help you move forward with your design? Or do you need more help?

If you still need help, you can post a sample file here and we can try to offer some more specific recommendations.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 5 of 7
JoeVernice

@Anonymous Try this:

Go to Style Manager -> Documentation Objects -> 2D Section/Elevation Styles -> Standard (or the style in use).

Then click on the Design Rules tab and at the bottom check Maintain layer, color, linetype properties from the display set used during generation.

See the attached screenshot.

JMV

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JoeVernice

Awesome, that's what I was looking for, at first a line just appeared and it seemed to still not use the colors, but all I had to do was refresh and then it showed the colors I wanted.

Untitled.png

Message 7 of 7
JoeVernice

Glad to help.

JMV

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost