AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Rendering

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BBP-Arch
321 Views, 1 Reply

2020 Rendering

I've entered territory I've never been in.

I went to the render tab and started experimenting... I know, scary.

I was surprised that when I dove into the Sun & Location part of the Ribbon, the actual Bing or Google satellite map appeared in my model on the ground. With a few tweaks I got it lined up w/ my model. Wow! That's amazing.

Then I went to a perspective view, turned on the Sky and Full Shadows and typed Render. A rendering window popped up and the rendering had no sun...it was dark. As if the satellite map were above the model. However, it clearly isn't because I can see it on the ground. Plus, the Z of the map is 0, as is the bottom of my walls on my model. I messed with all the settings here and there and never got bright sun, stark shadows. Always dark as if no sun.

Then I somehow got to the Render Environment & Exposure window and as I messed with settings, my model kept changing...getting brighter, then more dull, then almost neon/cartoon colors. Now I'm lost and don't know how to get back. I forgot to leave a trail of bread crumbs and would really like to nullify all these rendering things I've done and get back to how it used to be. For example. If I go to Plan View and zoom extents, the satellite map is showing as the background. I can zoom out infinitely and the map is still there. Also, if I look at the model in one of the angled views, the walls are now black where they used to be kind of a putty/beige color.

Any help talking me off the ledge here in Oz and getting me back to Kansas would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: BBP-Arch

Same problem here. 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report