Community
Arnold for Maya Forum
Rendering with Arnold in Maya using the MtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MtoA 5.4.0 Noisy on Edges compared to MtoA 5.3.5

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
NovoJiro
239 Views, 4 Replies

MtoA 5.4.0 Noisy on Edges compared to MtoA 5.3.5

Hello,

My last project I tried out MtoA 5.4.0 but I noticed I was getting tons of noise around edges of characters and meshes while back in MtoA 5.3.5 I wasn't getting these issues.

I did notice the sampling was updated in the new Arnold version and notice when I render a character in both versions it does the rendering a bit different.

Is there anything I can fix with this or is there like a switch that goes back to the older version of sampling?

Thank you for taking a look at this

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
thiago.ize
in reply to: NovoJiro

Increase AA samples to get rid of this sample aliasing. It's expected that at very low AA (such as 1 or 2) you will see artifacts.

Also, while it won't help with this issue, there's a newer mtoa 5.4.1 already out, which you should upgrade to since it has a bunch of bug fixes and feature additions.

Message 3 of 5
NovoJiro
in reply to: thiago.ize

Both scenes are already rendered at 5 AA samples on camera.

Also tried 5.4.1 and this issue is still a thing its just odd that this started happening since the newer versions as if the calculations of samples got changed drastically

I even tried changing the filter method but hasn’t fixed this either

Message 4 of 5
thiago.ize
in reply to: NovoJiro

Can you upload an Arnold log with at least info level verbosity? That will let us know what settings you are using. 

Message 5 of 5
NovoJiro
in reply to: thiago.ize

I think I did find the issue but I don't know how to fix this, but when the Oidn denoiser is added to the scene it will set everything to box filter, but I have tried this before toggling Oidn desenoiser off in the preferences but when I restart Maya its back on even on 5.4.1.

I have still attached the log file to it but when I fully remove Oidn denoiser its fixed there is no more weird sampling happening.

Is there maybe a Global Enviroment tag I can use to always disable this option?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report