Community
Arnold for 3ds Max Forum
Rendering with Arnold in 3ds Max using the MaxtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behaviour.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
raymondwganderson
412 Views, 4 Replies

Strange behaviour.

Hi all,

Been sometime since I used Arnold in 3 DS Max and I am obviously missing something, because when I go to the active shade with Arnold viewport as soon as I click Render the viewport reverts to default ie no Arnold render view. Also when in the viewport if I rotate the Skydome hdri it is not rotating in the viewport.  never did this before  so not sure if I am missing a few steps .

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Further to my above problems attached a a few screenshots  Screenshot 1 is the Active shade viewport, Number 2 is what happens when I start rendering, [ as you can see the rendered view vanishes ]   and number 3 is a view of the compact material editor. [ even when I rotate using that nothing happens ] never did this before.

Message 3 of 5

Well folks,  I have finally figured out where I went wrong.  I did a reinstall of the OS [ which I do approx once every year ] it only takes me an hour or so.  After the reinstall I tested my various software all were working great apart from Arnold, then it came to me....I had not installed the Nvidia driver, Arnold was using the generic driver that Windows installed ! no wonder everything was haywire. what a dumpling 😱  All good now. 

Message 4 of 5

I would also install the latest update.

CiroCardoso3v_0-1698649598129.png

You are using a very old Arnold Version. Also, there is no need to use Active Shader. If you go to the Arnold menu, you have the Arnold Render View.

Lead Enviroment Artist @Axis Studios

Arnold Discord Server

Ciro Cardoso

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

@CiroCardoso3v , Many thanks for the info, I have updated to the latest version of Arnold. Also thanks for the heads up about the Arnold render view. all good now again.

regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report