Community
Arnold for 3ds Max Forum
Rendering with Arnold in 3ds Max using the MaxtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rendering problem with GPU: [Arnold]: 00:00:00 19328MB WARNING | [color_manager_ocio]

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
markusanderssonA4W2A
396 Views, 2 Replies

Rendering problem with GPU: [Arnold]: 00:00:00 19328MB WARNING | [color_manager_ocio]

Hi
I'm rather new to 3DSMax and Arnold so please excuse me if this is a stupid question ๐Ÿ™‚

I have trouble rendering a scene using GPU. The scene works with CPU. 

I get the following error message bellow and the rendered image is just black.

I use 2 NVIDIA RTX A5000 connected with NV Link. Am I doing something wrong or is the scene simply to big?

"[Arnold]: 00:00:00 19328MB WARNING | [color_manager_ocio] unable to find default OCIO config, expected in c:\programdata\autodesk\applicationplugins\maxtoa_2022\..\ocio\configs\arnold\config.ocio

[Arnold]: 00:00:11 21986MB ERROR | [gpu] no GPU matching requirements found for GPU-rendering

[Arnold]: 00:00:00 25670MB WARNING | [color_manager_ocio] unable to find default OCIO config, expected in c:\programdata\autodesk\applicationplugins\maxtoa_2022\..\ocio\configs\arnold\config.ocio

[Arnold]: 00:00:27 39663MB ERROR | [gpu] no GPU matching requirements found for GPU-renderin"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The color_manager_ocio message can be ignored, it has nothing to do with the problem (3ds Max doesn't have color management). Although it does suggest you are using an older MAXtoA, and should upgrade to the latest.

This is the problem:

[Arnold]: 00:00:27 39663MB ERROR | [gpu] no GPU matching requirements found for GPU-renderin"

Most likely there's not enough GPU memory available (there's a Min Memory in Render Settings > System > Automatic Device Selection)

Maybe it's textures?
Like in this case:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/mtoa-forum/arnold-maya-gpu-render-aborting-after-a-few-frames/m-p/110...

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 3

Thanks alot! It's probably the GPU-memory that's not big enough

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report